Driving in New York City

New York, New York

Driving in New York City Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Please don't ignore this information May 24, 2010
I have been a member of TravBuddy since its very early days, and over and over I have heard people say that driving your own car in New York City is one of the few things in life you do NOT want to do. Everyone suggests parking in some neighboring place like New Haven, Connecticut or south in New Jersey and taking the train into New York. But for some reason I didn’t listen. Yes, I am invincible!!

After all, I had my GPS and my wife is a real great map reader and nagivator (that is my own word for navigator). And another thing I can tell you about NYC is that there really are only 317 cars in all of the city. There are about 3 billion taxis, lots of small vans used for delivery and as many pedestrians as can fit on the sidewalks and out into the streets, where they run between taxis trying to get across the streets. Some who are looking for a cab run right out into the lanes of traffic with arm raised to the point of blocking traffic or nearly getting hit by someone. My best advice is to listen to all those who say “DON’T DO IT!”

Related Travel Blogs About Driving in New York City

The Biggest Experience!!
  So now it was driving into New York City time.   I have been warned on many occasions NOT to drive into that city.  But I only wanted to see a couple of sites, get some picture…driving into New York City time.   I have been warned on many occasions NOT to drive
I´m coming!
Here I am making the last preparativeses for my US journey. My international experience summarizes on England and Argentina. It's time to meet the north american culture. It's time to play Borat, may…drive through New York City. We will stay at Gianna's house in New Jersey. She is a lovelly…
Usa
This was not the first time I have been to America.  We have been out West in California a couple of times. We have friends there. This time we visited the East Coast.   Zaterdag 14 - zo…driving to New York City. We arrived there in the late afternoon and found our hotel which by the way was in New Jersey…

Check New York Hotel Deals