Drinking Cocktails in the Kasimierz District

Krakow, Poland

Drinking Cocktails in the Kasimierz District Krakow Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Drinking Cocktails in the Kasimierz District Aug 26, 2013
The Kasimierz district of Krakow is a great place to spend a night drinking cocktails. I’m reviewing the whole square we went to, because it wasn’t all that easy to work out which terrace belonged to which bar.

The bars there are nice, with very cool decoration (I particularly appreciated the Egon Schiele reproductions in the one we were drinking in). Most of the bars we stopped in had extensive cocktail menus, which were probably not all that cheap by local standards but were really delicious, as well as beer (not so much wine, I don’t think). I particularly appreciated the beautiful little martini I had, which came with a second helping in an iced jug. All the bars seem to have little terraces out onto the square, and some had extra garden spaces inside. Service sometimes took a little waving to get attention, but I think that’s OK given that they were outdoor terraces and I’d rather have that than someone hovering.

All the toilets I used were spotless. There was a nightclub in a far corner of the square, but we didn’t have time to go there. One bar was showing the Manchester united game – this is useful to know about if you want to see the football, and handy to know if you are trying to avoid seeing the football.
sarahelaine says:
It's lovely there. It reminded me a bit of a bigger, classier version of the neighbourhood I live in- badly neglected ruins sitting next to galleries and bars. But krakow does it better!
Posted on: Oct 05, 2013
rsvpme says:
Booze never sounded so good...:)
Posted on: Oct 01, 2013