Drexel's Parkhotel

Check Memmingen Hotel Deals

Drexel's Parkhotel Memmingen Reviews

planxty planxty
Extremely good value central hotel. May 24, 2017
As is so often the way with my Travbuddy stuff I shall have to begin with an apology as I know much of this is duplication but I am not sure if reviews and journals are put on the site and searched for in different ways.

Having walked straight past the Park Hotel for reasons explained in the main blog and walked to the city limits and back I more or less staggered into reception, noting in passing the immaculately polished baby grand piano. When I saw the size of the place I could not believe how I had actually walked past it and not seen it.

I knew that check-in was not until 1400 or 1500 or whatever industry standard is here but I thought I'd chance my luck and ask if I could drop my kit in the luggage room until the appointed hour. The utterly charming young lady on reception bade me wait a moment whilst she checked her computer and told me she would change a few things and I could check in there and then. This was almost spot on 0900 and I could not believe my luck. I believe the Park Hotel is only three star (although this varies depending on which website you read, some indicate four) but that is what I call service, proper service and I thank them for it.

Straight up to the room, kitbag on the shelf provided for the purpose, planxty was asleep on a very comfy bed just about as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Rising ater a much needed sleep I set about examining the accommodation a bit further and found a simple but tidy and well-presented en-suite room complete with decent sized writing surface and flat screen TV which is more than I need.

When I used the spotlessy clean bathroom the shower was piping hot and at a good pressure which is always a big selling point for me

Although I did not avail myself of any of the facilities there are a restaurant, bar, biergarten and sauna for guests. The restaurant looked pretty swish and chef even makes his own beer spice whatever that might be!

The Park merits officially four stars in my opinion despite the confusion over that. It is in the very beautiful central area and in this picturesque location with the facilities offered I would have expected to pay more and indeed would still have thought myself well-served.

Highly recommended.
planxty says:
Imdorather like them myself.
Posted on: Aug 09, 2017
vicIII says:
I must say I had the same excellent service at the German hotels I stayed at during my 2017 trip...Respect!:)
Posted on: Aug 09, 2017