TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,153 travelers just like you!

DrewJ
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer I

Hometown: Lancaster, California, USA
Location: Torrance, California, USA
Join Date: January 31, 2015
Contributions: DrewJ has written about 18 places, shared 3,927 photos, left 36 comments, and smiled 12 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Japan
Oct 22, 2017 – Nov 1, 2017
See you there.
London, England, UK
dream destination
Been learning a little history and want to check it out
Greece
dream destination
Still need to learn more before I visit here.
Profile
(Old profile introduction of 2015)

My dream has been to go to Japan for a few years now. I don't know what it is. I know that no matter what part of the world you come from, people are still people. It's not like I expect people in Japan to be vastly different than the people here in America. Rather it's the subtle differences between our cultures that I want to experience.

Sadly I don't have the funds to travel right now. However I estimate that within a few months I will get the job I want and need for my career path. I have started to make plans and a budget as if I am going to Japan later this year (In the Autumn or Winter of 2015).

I know that's not the ideal travel time for tourism and sight seeing but that is the cheapest time of the year for me to travel. Besides, even though I want to go to Japan to see the sights, I don't want the entire experience to be as a "tourist" but as a person just experiencing something new.

If I could, in the future, I would like to live in Japan 3 months out of every year. Seeing as how I'd be working though, I won't have that long haha. It doesn't matter to me what part of Japan I go to but I do at least want to visit the northern, southern and central areas of the country.

Edit:2016

Dream accomplished.

2016 Profile Introduction

Now that I have the entire world before me, it's time for me to begin enriching my life. I still have a lot of work on myself that I have to do before I can do that but it's well within my grasps. I still don't think that the travel bug has bitten me completely

However maybe if I visit a few places and take the effort in learning about each place that I plan to visit, maybe that will aid in the interest. Then again, maybe we all have a place that is particularly more special to us than any other.

In any case, I do plan on becoming a bit more active with the site and the people on it. Have a good travel :D
cotton_foam says:
Hey, what's up?!
What's with the latest blog title?
You can pm me if you're not comfortable responding in public...
Hope things are all good. ~ May
Posted on: Oct 05, 2017
spocklogic says:
Bravo on the 'Journey To Japan' featured blog!
Posted on: Jul 02, 2017
NickelP says:
Congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: Jul 02, 2017

Sep 29, 2017
???
Overview 752 words 0 0 0
Apr 01, 2017 – Apr 11, 2017
I have the entire world before me. Everywhere is now within my reach with little to no effort. My exploration is now endless. H…
Overview 3,755 words 641 2 69