Dreamkapture Hostal

Dreamkapture Hostal Rates and Deals

Dreamkapture Hostal Guayaquil Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Nice hostel in Alborada - Guayaquil Jul 20, 2009
Before going to Guayaquil I started to do some research about hostels, but no luck. I also was told by a friend that there were no hostels in downtown. Finally some friends who recently were in Guayaquil recommended me this one.

First of all, Guayaquil hostels are more expensive than in the rest of the country.

This one was located in Alborada, which is an area closer to the airport than to downtown. There's not much walking distance, you have to drive 30min to downtown or the Malecon. But you can catch a bus just 1 block away.

I didn't have any problem with the safety, since I was in a private room, but not sure about the dorms. I thought I lost my camera and when I asked the lady in charge to help me, she told me they weren't responsible, but she was concerned.

The bed was comfortable, so the private room and bathroom. Just the shower wasn't that great, but ok. So good there was a fan in the room, since it was hot in Guayaquil.

They have a pool in the hostel, which in the website looks big but it's really small, hahaha. They have a common area with TV, communal kitchen and the dining area is in the second floor with some outdoors tables. The fee includes breakfast, which is good. Even with eggs or waffles.

They have internet, but it's not very good. Too slow. There is wi-fi and also a computer, but it's an old one, hehe. Anyway, there are lots of internet cafes nearby. Oh! they have pets: 2 monkeys and 2 parrots, nice!

Since it's located in mostly a residential area, loudness is not a problem.

Tip: be sure to get the right directions since it's not that easy to arrive here the first time. Mention close to "Clinica Kennedy". Since this is maybe one of the only ones hostels in town is always busy, so give them a call before showing up.
the pool, haha