Dream Inn a Joie de Vivre hotel

Dream Inn a Joie de Vivre hotel Rates and Deals

Dream Inn a Joie de Vivre hotel Santa Cruz Reviews

GabeM GabeM
Great little find! Apr 17, 2011
We recently had a family event and decided to do it on the beach. The Dream Inn was the perfect place for it. We had people flying in from 3 countries and many cities in the US and they all found it to be very clean, affordable and super quirky (in a good way). It manages to not be just another old hotel with a view. The rooms are recently refurbished and the banquet services were great.

Beware the restaurant, though. Great views, terrible service. If you have any kind of hurry, walk along the pier, right next to the hotel, and you can find some decent faster local food.
dansgirl1978 dansgirl…
Gorgeous and Newly remodeled Nov 16, 2008
We have stayed here many times in it's former incarnation the Coast Hotel Santa Cruzl (which I have previously reviewed.) It has always been our favorite hotel as it's the ONLY hotel directly on the beach in Santa Cruz. Every room has an ocean view and a balcony. There is a fabulous pool and hot tub that overlooks the ocean. My favorite thing about this hotel has always been the BED!!!! Then and now it is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and the best pillows I have ever laid my head upon. My ONLY complaint (except for the price) is the shower. I loved it until I realized that it was impossible to shave your legs in!!! There is no shelf, not even a tiny bulge to perch my toes on. I tried to put my foot on the wall but almost fell so I had to give up. Other than that everything at this hotel is amazing. We probably won't ever get to stay here again because it is WAY more expensive now that they've remodeled. So alas, adieu Dream Inn, we loved you while we could afford it.
dansgirl1978 dansgirl…
Hotel has changed hands....currently called Santa Cruz Dream Inn Jul 06, 2008
We stayed at this hotel in the spring and it was wonderful!!! It's the only hotel in Santa Cruz that is right on the beach, I mean RIGHT on the sand... nothing between you and the water!!! It's within EASY walking distance to the pier-not even a block. There are some touristy shops that aren't worth going into but some good restaurants so it's worth taking a stroll down the pier. We are planning on going back in a few weeks so I'll review the restuarant that we like. This hotel is also about 2-3 blocks from the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and Roaring Camp Railroads (which will take you up into the Santa Cruz Mountains in a great open air train!)

The best part about this hotel is that every room has an ocean view and a balcony. Nothing too fancy, but it does have a few chairs and a table-the view speaks for itself. The bed was also really comfortable and the pillows simply can't be beat!!! They were more comfortable than my own from home!! All in all a great hotel and one I plan on going back to again and again!

The new website is: www.keepdreaminn.com

Dream Inn a Joie de Vivre hotel Overview

The Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel is located on the beaches of Santa Cruz, CA. Guests of the hotel will find several attractions nearby, including the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the Mystery Spot, the Big Basin Redwoods State Park, the Monterrey Aquarium, Neptune's Kingdom, the Harley Davidson Museum, the Ocean View State Park, and the Seymour Marine Discovery Center. The San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose airports are all located within fifty miles of the Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel, and the Santa Cruz Airport is just moments away. Guests will find many attractions, shops, and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Taxi services and buses are also available.

Each of the Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel's 165 guest rooms and suites offers standard and upscale amenities, such as flat screen cable televisions, DVD/CD players, iPod docking stations, wireless high-speed Internet connection, bathrobes, binoculars, complimentary spa quality bath products, and hair dryers.

Many amenities are on offer at the Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel, including an outdoor swimming pool, children's wading pool, fire pits, whirlpool spa, and a sun deck. Business travelers are free to use the copy and fax services and high-speed Internet connections in the business center. A bar and restaurant are located on the premises, as well as laundry facilities and free parking.

Dream Inn a Joie de Vivre hotel Amenities

• Computer
  • Desk
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes