South Africa
Drakensberg - At the Mouth of the National Park, not the best picture but it will have to do
Drakensberg - it was a windy afternoon but that made this picture all the better with some nice animation like grafic
Drakensberg - Sterkfontein Dam
Drakensberg - Dwayne took this picture while i was driving,I really like it. Its a little oasis in the middle of burnt veld and rocky mountains
Drakensberg - A lovely view of the landscape

Drakensberg Reviews

Randa11 Randa11
Drakensberg: Natures Gift to South Africa Sep 08, 2008
I just got back a from an awesome weekend at Drakensberg. Drakesnberg is a mountain range about 350 km East of Johannesburg. Her landscapes are filled with breath taking and gorgeous sites. If you were to travel in winter or just before the first spring rains like I did you might find it a little too brown but that’s no reason not to go. I found the mix of black (caused by the veld fires) and brown with a little green very artistic. Not wanting to be left out, the wind has done her fair share by sculpturing out beautiful contours.

Things to do:

If you’re a serious hiking freak this is one place you don’t want to miss. Just a few tips before you go on a hike, make sure have read the local hiking guidelines, always inform someone of your route and stick to it, lastly don’t hike out alone, go with a group its still a bit dangerous out there and remember its better to be safe than sorry

If you’re not the hike maniac but still a nature freak you can try horse riding . Make sure you know your one-two or you might end up on the ground like me. And if that does not do it for you then hire an ATV (it costs about 300 Rands for a tour).

Tired of nature and want more action try a game of paintball or visit Outdoor Adventures for their list of fun things to do.

And finally this is probably the best place to simply unwind and relax.

Where to Stay:

I stayed at the Drakensville ATKV Berg Resort, (www.drakensville.co.za ) they have a wide range of amenities for kids and adults and the price is reasonable. For those of you on a tight budget the resort also provides dormitory style accommodation. The resort also has a heated pool, squash court, put-put and much more.

On our way we passed the Alpine Health Resort, it looked very tempting. It’s another place you might want to check out. www.alpineheath.co.za .

I hope my review was informative, let me know if you do visit……..I would love to hear from you.

Note: Just a word of caution, the water seemed to be rather highly chlorinated.
At the Mouth of the National Park,…
it was a windy afternoon but that …
Sterkfontein Dam
Dwayne took this picture while i w…
South Africa Map