Dragos Seafood Restaurant

2 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA, USA
Dragos Seafood Restaurant - Lobster main course.
Dragos Seafood Restaurant - Fierce-looking lion out front
Dragos Seafood Restaurant - Drago's from Hilton lobby
Dragos Seafood Restaurant - Unassuming entrance

Dragos Seafood Restaurant New Orleans Reviews

Octravelguy77 Octravel…
Best charbroiled oysters in town Feb 18, 2012
There's actually two Drago's in the area. One in Metairie and one in New Orleans located inside the Hilton right off the Riverwalk Marketplace. It's a big, busy and bustling restaurant since it's also attached to the Hilton's bar. If you're a fan of oysters, actually even if you're not, its the place to try them. They're best known for their charbroiled oysters that they've been serving since 1993.

We stopped in for drinks and of course, their famous oysters. Half a dozen $11.45 and a dozen $17.45. The oysters have a garlic butter sauce on them and they're dusted with a blend of Parmesan and Romano cheese and cooked on a grill in their shells. In a city with so many dining options, it's often regarded as THE place for charbroiled oysters. We also tried the crab cake which was good although quite rich but nothing special. Despite being known for their oysters, Drago's is still a seafood restaurant with a good sized menu that includes a couple pasta, chicken and steak dishes.
powellmm powellmm
Delightful NYE Meal Aug 18, 2012
My friend and I had our New Years Eve dinner here last year. It is on the more expensive side, but the food and service make it worthwhile. Their charbroiled oysters are to die for and a must for anyone that eats here! Typically some specials can be over hyped but those were even better than they were made out to be. Each of us had lobster as our main course which was also wonderful, including the mushroom risotto that was served along side it. I highly recommend this place for a nice leisure dinner where you can enjoy fresh seafood and a bottle of wine.
Drago's famous charbroiled oysters.
Lobster main course.
wagslikeadog wagslike…
Outstanding Food but Pricey & Lacking Atmosphere Apr 23, 2011
Drago's is located right in the Hilton Riverside Hotel. It's a big, noisy place with a bar area and also a large dining room with access from the street and the hotel lobby.

It was very busy on a Friday night. Given the volume of people waiting for a table (reservations are NOT accepted) we went somewhere else, but returned the next night to see why it drew such a crowd. We got a table in the corner of the room and my wife was about to take the corner seat, but I wouldn't allow it and took it myself: No one puts Baby in a corner! :)

We shared the best, char-broiled oysters that I've ever had as a starter. (Wow!) I then had a cajun shrimp entree which was excellent and Mrs. Wags had a very good tuna dish. Entrees were all $20+, so it was a little pricey, but worth it for the fantastic food. Mostly seafood offerings, unsurprisingly.

The carpet was covered in potato chips which was a little unappealing, and the service wasn't anything really special. Like I said, there were lots of patrons and the service wasn't too swift or personal. The food is definitely worth visiting the place for, as it was delicious. Unfortunately, I found the price, ambience and service lacking overall.

If you want to try some outstanding oysters, check Drago's out. Then again, there are LOTS of seafood restaurants in the area, so you won't go hungry in this part of town, regardless of your choice.
Fierce-looking lion out front
Drago's from Hilton lobby
Unassuming entrance
laurenomurphy laurenom…
Jan 31, 2008
My husband and I visited Dragos as we were staying at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. We walked in and realised that everyone staing at the hotel had the same idea. We sat at the open bar and was greated my Eric, the best bartender in New Orleans. He is the on in the picture. He suggested that we share the CHARBROILED OYSTERS. I do not eat oysters but when I saw the presentation/preparation I had to try it. I am sooo happy that I did. Appearntly that is the signature dish. It is $10 for a hlad dozen and $16 for a dozen. I suggest getting a dozen, HAVING A FEW BEERS AND CALLING IT A DAY. We had the Stuffed Lobster which is 1.25 lbs. of Maine lobster filled with frsh crabmeat and shimp topped with crabmeat au gratin, all for $25. Honestly, it was a little overcooked and just too much food after the 3 dirty martinis and charbroiled oysters. Normally I do not lush it so early in my vacation but my God, Eric make KILLER martinis. I might have had 4, needless to say WE WERE IN BED real early!
donnydude donnydude
Must order a dozen! Aug 20, 2008
I 1st learned about Drago's when I 1st visited New Orleans back in 2003. Every time I make it to the Big Easy I plan at least one meal at this classic seafood jewel. If you go, you have to try the chargrilled oysters. The best oyster dish ever...bar none. Trust me, order at least a dozen!

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals