Dragon-i Pavillion

Lot No. 1.17.00, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Dragon-i Pavillion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
decent place, delicious food Jul 24, 2012
Hayley, (hayley_phoon) brought us to Dragon-i for dinner. The restaurant is inside the Pavilion Mall Level 1.

Dragon-i has this very decent feel. I get the impression that they cater mostly to young professionals; of course, I also saw a few elderly people enjoying food using their chopsticks.

As we entered the restaurant, the first thing I noticed were the ceiling lamps. The lamps are modern style and bold, but the subdued lighting sets the mood for real conversations and meals.

A staff came to meet us and ushered us to a table. We had to squeeze in into a tiny space to walk to our table because they didn’t have a spacious room. Even though the restaurant is quite compact, you can still experience that sense of privacy. I felt very comfortable.

They were pretty busy when we got in, but thankfully, we didn't need to wait long.

Shortly after being seated, the waitress handed us the menu cards. We didn’t know what to order so, Hayley placed it for us. If I remember it correctly, some boiled shelled peanuts were served while we wait.

It didn’t take long for us to wait for our orders to arrive on our table.

I cannot remember the names of each dish, but I could not forget how fantastic and delicious those dishes were! The vegetables in the dishes were fresh and crunchy-- just the way I like! The meat dish was tasty and tender. Their dumpling soup is a must-try! Now, the interesting thing about the soup is how it is served. Soup is inside the dumpling bun. A straw is stick into the dumpling, and you sip the soup with the straw. The dumpling bun is placed in a bamboo basket when served. I also liked the sugar cane juice!

As far as price range; I have no knowledge because Miss Hayley paid the tab for us! My clue; this restaurant must be on the expensive side.

A bonus is you get to watch their chefs make the in-house rice noodles if you consider that a bonus. Unfortunately, we were not lucky. They probably just finished making the noodles. We saw them through the glass window enjoying with each other.

They have a mini-bar, but we did not order alcoholic beverages.

The staffs are friendly -- both our server and the waiting staff.

When you are coming from KLCC, Dragon-i is a bit far to walk from, however, if you are already in the Pavilion Mall, a meal will be worth a try at Dragon-i.

The location is also a plus factor, it will be easy to walk off those extra calories should you have eaten more than you're supposed to. There are plenty of shops to check out at the main mall after a heavy meal. But, in our case instead of walking off those extra calories, we had desserts at "Snow Flake" located at the upper level of Pavilion Mall. Of course, a separate review will call for that!
menu card
just the way I like for my vegies
the yummy dumpling soup
flat rice noodles with beef

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals