Dragon Hostel Hong Kong

Check Hong Kong Hotel Deals

Dragon Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

yheleen yheleen
Dragon Hostel - good location, small place Dec 02, 2009
The one thing I like about the hostel is its location – very near the markets and affordable shops, the train station and buses. The rest were not so good.

Traveling back to PI from Australia, we decided to stop for 2 days in Hongkong and so we looked for an affordable place to stay online. Safety of our things while we travel the city is of utmost concern to us. We thought of staying in Causeway Bay as suggested by fellow Travbuddies but we we’re looking for a place nearer the markets (girls love to shop) and Nathan road so we opted for Dragon Hostel.

The place was so small (well, welcome to Hongkong) and just can’t imagine myself staying there for long. But the staff were friendly and helpful and they speak English. Since we arrived in the morning and we didn’t want to wait for check-in time and we wanted to enjoy the day @ Disneyland (can’t wait to meet Pooh ;-), hehe, it was a good thing that we can leave our luggage for free. It is always helpful that bags/trolleys have their own, secured locks. That way, at least things are safe. But then we didn’t want to take chances. The hostel didn’t have a locker and a storage room so we opted to bring our laptops with us and other valuables to Disneyland (better to leave them there than the hostel).

The reception area is located at the 7th floor and our room was in the 5th floor. The building was like a scene in a horror movie like The Grudge or something like that and it was just scary. Doors have double lock so at least that’s a good thing.

Shower and toilet is not separate and has very small space. TV was not working as well and there was no heater in the room, just aircon. The small room which has one double bed and one single bed cost us 380 HK dollars a night. At least, the price was cheap. (yeah, we have no right to complain on this price)

On the other hand, they have facilities and services to offer – internet access is free in the 7th floor, they have a common area for refrigerator, coffee making facilities and other equipment. And they also have tour arrangements and discount prices @ Disney. And at least, staff is on duty 24 hours.

Dragon Hostel is okay for 1-day or 2-day stay but for longer period, better to find more comfortable place to stay.
outside the hostel
toilet and shower in one place
TV was not working at this room
yheleen says:
hahahaha, didn't notice that as well.. oo nga, too cautious, after all, we were trained the hard way ;) yeah, natakot kami since we heard so many stories of lost things in HK so yeah, better safe than sorry... at alam mo ba, na pati Disney hindi safe? grabe experience namin, we opted to avail of the locker services there kaso and naibigay sa amin na locker was already used and has someone else's thing on it - imagine, paano na lang kung di kami mababait (kuno), pwedeng-pwede palang mawala ang things mo dun so we reported that to Disney's 'City Hall' and asked kung pwede iwan na lang dun ang mga gamit, mas safer kasi with staff around... so yeah, really cautious, hehe
geek_goddess_jolie says:
Okay I just realized I said son's owner, instead of owner's son! LOL.

Anyway, I don't remember but I think we may have left our laptops inside our luggage, which was stored in the living room (we arrived a few hours before check in time.) Funny how us Pinoys are so cautious, right? Sanay na sanay! Even if it means having to lug laptops around Disney. Haha. I can totally relate! Oh well, better to be safe than sorry. =)
yheleen says:
Hi Jolie, yep, we met Stanley, and he's really friendly and helpful. Oscar, we weren't able to meet tho, it would have been more fun to meet a Pinoy there.. for a short stay, the hostel is okay..and yes, we also didn't lose anything, thankfully and that's always a good thing..
ice9van ice9van
Value for Money Jun 23, 2008
We stayed here for a couple of nights when we were in Hong Kong. For HK$250, we got a Double Room with two single beds, TV, A/C, private bath with toiletries, and a window! Towels are changed everyday, per request. Rooms are likewise cleaned everyday, per request too.

The room that we got was so small, maybe because it was just intended for two persons. Since there were three of us, my uncle had to sleep on the floor.  We did not get their Family Room as it was too big for us and it would cost my mom another HK$200, and prices even go higher on weekends! I find it expensive so we had to settle with the small room. Actually, this is just the standard room rates in HK. What can I say, HK is expensive.

What I like about this hostel is its location, right in the middle of Mong Kok. Its near MTR Mong Kok station and airport bus A21. There are also plenty of restaurants just outside of the building. And as for my mom, she likes the location so much as it is near the Ladies Market and all other bazaar streets.

They also have luggage storage place where we left some of our bags when we went to Macau. My uncle told me that he was not charged for it though I read in their brochures that they do charge for a small sum of money. We were just lucky, I guess.

Basically, the hostel for me is great when it comes to its location, but about its amenities, it was just OK; they have the basic amenities, with free drinking water, coffee and tea. Is it comfortable? Well, it was clean and the bed was just fine for me (I’m easy to pleased), and I do not know about my uncle as he had to sleep on the floor (but he is used to sleeping on the floor anyways) Besides, what I am really after in choosing a place to sleep is that its safe and I felt safe in it with CCTVs in every corner.
shawrf shawrf
Sep 20, 2007
I stayed at dragon hostel when i visited hong kong. Found it reviewed on this site and thought i'd add a review. It's a good budget place. I think that it worked out to be about $24 usd/nite for a single room with a shared bath. Pretty good for hk. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are tiny, but adequate and there is free internet. It's a good location, about 1-2 blocks from the mong kok subway stop. My only complaint is that it's really hard to find. There are entrances on either side of the building, but none on the front and the signage was a piece of paper taped to the door, but once you find it, it's great!

Check Hong Kong Hotel Deals