Dragon Bar

473 Broadway, San Francisco, CA, USA

Dragon Bar San Francisco Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
Oct 20, 2007
Broadway Street in North Beach is known for strip clubs, but amidst all of the adult entertainment, there are many fun and classy bars and clubs the area... Dragon Bar is one of them. It definitely has a Japanese theme going on- it's decorated with lots of red, paper lanterns, bamboo plants and Buddha statues. It's good at maintaining the popular San Francisco classy but down to earth vibe.

We got there before 11 and we were on the guestlist so there was no cover. The bouncer was friendly and didn't try to make us wait to get in. It was still filling up when we walked in and there were several empty reserved booths. We ended up sitting at a booth we didn't reserve and the waitress let us sit there as long as the party it was reserved for didn't arrive. There was also a lot of seating around the dance floor.

The only problem I had with this place were the random songs the DJ was playing. A lot of nostalgic stuff that was fun to sing along with but not all that danceable and it took a while to get the dance floor going. I'd go back though and hopefully the DJ will be a little better because it's definitely a cool place.
Bellarena says:
Hey I've been there, but it's been a while. I totally agree with the music selections, but all and all pretty mellow vibe, i'd go back.
Posted on: Dec 25, 2007
worldcitizen says:
Yeah it's fun... the pics are from the bar area, there is a bigger dance floor around the corner!
Posted on: Nov 04, 2007
ndingureiji says:
that sounds like a pretty cool place! seems like a tiny place for dancing around.
Posted on: Nov 04, 2007