Downtown Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Downtown Vienna Reviews

Bojasem Bojasem
vienna down town Nov 08, 2012
One of the best way to know any city visit the downtown by walking around .Downtown of Vienna full of numerous artistic, cultural and historic landmarks is by using their excellent public transportation system.the city very cool many

theater,opera,many museums. you will find a lot of restaurants, Cafes ,banks,money exchange and also many book

store.in my opinion there are many way to discover down town

by foot,by bike,by metro use the way make you comfort.

the people helpful and i advise you take map from metro station.
amir73062 amir73062
vienna down town Jun 13, 2011
The best way to see all of Vienna, Austria's numerous artistic, cultural and historic landmarks is by using their excellent public transportation system--a comprehensive network of subways, buses, trains and trams. But you can see several of Vienna's most famous and important sights simply by walking around the First District (the old city center) on foot.

Read more: How to Explore Downtown Vienna on Foot | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2173525_explore-downtown-vienna-foot.html#ixzz1P9dLudzi
stevemco stevemco
Downtoun Vienna Nov 03, 2009
This is a cool city for walking around. The concert ticket sales people dressed like Mozart become a little Las Vegas stripper card annoying after a while but overall, a great city.

Important: The comments express are mine and in no way intended to promote any product, service or tour. Also, I’m not here to write full ‘play by play’ reports on my experience simply to provide short first hand personal impression. As with all comments, reviews, recommendations on the internet, in books or magazines, they are SUBJECTIVE! We all have individual likes and dislikes and it is your responsibility to perform your own ‘due diligence’ and make educated choices. The bottom line… we live on an amazing planet and I’ve been fortunate enough to have explored a large piece of it. My only suggestion would be to get out there and enjoy every bit of it whenever you’re able.
grubi grubi
Sep 03, 2006
Walking arround in the 1st viennese district is a quite historic event. You see historical buildings all over this part of the city. You also find many expensive shops in this area (for shopping, go to "Kaerntnerstrasse" or "Mariahilferstrasse", the two main shopping streets in town). To have a look at the historical splendour buildings, walk arround the "Ring" road, which is the border of the 1st district as well. There you'll find the best hotels and many other different important building like the Parliament, opera house, city hall, museums, theatres, university, stock exchange, coffee houses and so on. Enjoy it!
grubi says:
If you need any further special information don't hesitate to contact me. If you would also like a personal city guide, give me a mail, maybe we can arrange something. When are you going to travel to Vienna?
Posted on: Sep 03, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About Downtown Vienna

Vienna is a Surprise
We left Kalgenfurt this morning and pretty much drove straight to Vienna, getting there right at lunchtime. The drive was pretty from what I remember, but to be honest- I don't remember much. I have …downtown Vienna. The cathedral was beautiful! It definitely rivaled the best churches I've seen so far. It's design…
museums, museums , museums oh my!
gonna try and make this short since im in a internet cafe in downtown vienna and this is costing me 2,50 eiro for 30 mins. yesterday was so much fun. in the morning i went out on my own, cause the …downtown vienna and this is costing me 2,50 eiro for 30 mins. yesterday was so much fun. in the morning…
Summer in Vienna
We began today with a lecture and site visit to the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna. This is their main art museum, and it was very impressive and spectacular. I've seen a lot of museums on this t…downtown Vienna! But I didn't go into every one. Well, not during the same trip. After I got some…

Check Vienna Hotel Deals