Downtown Backpacker's Hostel

Check Beijing Hotel Deals

Downtown Backpacker's Hostel Beijing Reviews

kawooddin kawooddin
Friendly, well run hostel in great location Feb 02, 2009
I found this place a great hostel to stay in. It's a tiny little place tucked away in one of Beijing's hutongs, but the rooms are bright and airy, and there's a really friendly atmosphere. There were a wide range of travellers staying here from all round the globe, and the staff were very welcoming. Their English wasn't the best, but I speak no Mandarin and managed to sort everything out.

The location in Nanluoguxiang is great as it's one of the livelier hutongs in Beijing, full of quirky bars and shops, and just a few minutes walk to Houhai lake. It's also only a few minutes walk to the nearest subway station to get into the centre of the city.

Related Travel Blogs About Downtown Backpacker's Hostel

Day 27: Erlian - Beijing
We woke up to a complete change of scenery. Gone was the Mongolian desert, it was replaced by a very green, very mountainous and above all very foggy China. The dense fog, or smog as we wou…hostel on our own - The Beijing Downtown Backpackers was situated in a historic HĂștong (traditional Beijing alleyway). The hostel
Of Great Walls and Not So Crispy Ducks
Ni hao, I'm once again backfilling entries because I've fallen further and further behind in this journal. Today is actually June 15, and I've been in China exactly 1 week. I spent the 8 -…Beijing, staying at Peking Downtown Backpackers Hostel in a hutong  alley called  Nanluogu Xiang . Hutong refer to the narrow…

Check Beijing Hotel Deals