Downhill Hostel

12 Mussenden Road, Castlerock, United Kingdom
028 7084 9077

Compare Portstewart Hotel Rates (5.6km away)

Downhill Hostel Castlerock Reviews

anvilmaster anvilmas…
Best spot in Northern Ireland Jan 18, 2011
Let me begin by saying that in my four months of traveling Ireland, the Downhill Hostel was my favorite lodging. Most places I stayed were picked primarily for a bed and proximity to things I wanted to see. The Downhill hostel is an experience in itself. Located right on the scenic coast of northern Ireland (somewhat close to giants causeway), the Downhill hostel is the perfect balance of seclusion and access to major attractions. When traveling alone the Downhill Hostel has good rates for dormitory style rooms. If you are traveling in a small group, the value is simply unbeatable. When I booked the hostel, I had planned on using it as sort of a base camp for visiting Giants Causeway, the Mussenden Temple, and Dunluce Castle. Little did I know that from the hostel, there is an amazing beach, complete with waterfalls. Looking back, I really can't say enough good about this place, and the owners are great people too. If you plan on visiting any of the attractions listed above, this hostel is hands down the best place you can stay.

Compare Portstewart Hotel Rates (5.6km away)

Downhill Hostel Map