Dow Villa Motel

Check Lone Pine Hotel Deals

Dow Villa Motel Lone Pine Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
it would be better to find another hotel in the area Jul 31, 2014
Dow Villa Hotel is accessible to most places of interest like the Movie Museum and Alabama Hills Recreational Area. The foot of Mt. Whitney is only twelve miles away, which makes this hotel a base camp for mountain climbers.

The big size outdoor pool and hot tub is a plus! My children enjoyed it after our hike to the Alabama Hills.

Breakfast is not inclusive in the room rate yet the American restaurant just across the street was where we had a big brekky. Other dining places nearby includes McDonalds, Pizza Parlors, and other family-owned restaurants.

The staff is friendly, helpful and accommodating. They went the extra mile to look for available room so we could check-in early.

Dow Villa is a huge property of two buildings with plenty of rooms. We stayed in the original main hotel built older than the adjacent motel. It explains why our room smelled “moldy.” I didn’t get a good sleep as result, glad we only stayed here for one night.

We stayed at queen room with two-queen beds, old television set, table and chair. The bathroom is clean but needs an upgrade.

The lobby in the old building has a homey-old feeling with all the portraits of classic actors and actresses in Hollywood.

The hotel rate was US$79.00 per night --quite expensive for hotel with incomplete amenities.

If you can find another place to stay in the area for the same rate (or even a little higher), I’ll say go!

P.S.

I am sorry; I lost my pictures of the hotel...
the view from the pool
the hallway
the movie museum near the hotel
cotton_foam says:
You're welcome, Nancy! But thank you for your smiles and comments :)
Posted on: Aug 05, 2014
Nana_gincin says:
Very informative review May ... thank you!
Posted on: Aug 05, 2014