Doumar's

www.doumars.com - 757-627-4163

Doumar's Norfolk Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Historic Ice Cream and Barbeque Eatery Feb 19, 2011
Since 1907, in Norfolk they opened a stand at Ocean View Amusement Park. They have the orginal Waffle cone maker, homemade ice cream they make fresh- squeezed limeade and North Carolina Style Barbeque. After eating at the Black Pelican for supper we decided to have our dessert there. The menu has an array of ice cream sodas, Ice Cream Sundaes and Shakes and Ice Cream desserts. We decided on the Banana Split. It had three scoops of ice cream: Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate with pineapple, nuts, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and the cherry on top. It hit the spot for us to finish off our evening meal. The restaurant has photos of all the famous people that have eaten there and is busy year round. I must say though that it is not the cleanest restaurant, ice cream parlor I have been to. But maybe before they close for the night they give it a good scrubbing. The servers are nice and Doumar's offers drive in service if one wants to sit in their car and be served. This is a historical place in Norfolk, Va and now I can say, I have been there and enjoyed their ice cream dessert. I recommend anyone who comes to Virginia Beach/Norfolk VA to go eat there.

Check Norfolk Hotel Deals