Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster Rates and Deals

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster Reviews

traceyirish traceyir…
No point really... Nov 30, 2014
We stayed here in March 2014 as a treat for my 30th birthday, but I wish I hadn't. The hotel was lovely, but so generic! Honestly we could have been anywhere on the planet. The hotel had character whatsoever! And for the price we had paid (over €400 for a twin room for two nights without breakfast) it just wasn't worth it. (Yes, I know the prices are high in central London but we were really only paying for the name!)

But enough of that - here is the review. The room was small, with just enough room to walk around the two beds, a small desk and a tiny wardrobe. There was complimentary water which was a nice touch as we were in the midst of an early hot spell! Beds were a bit soft for my liking, but bearable. Ipad telly thing in the room, for internet, TV, music etc. I don't own any apple products so I couldn't work the bloody thing but I didn't spend long in the room so it was fine.

The bathroom was tiny but clean. However, the shower was terrible! Freezing one minute and scalding the next - there was no use in trying to regulate it. I used to take the shower head down and use it from my hand, so at least that way if it went extremely hot/cold I could just point it away from me quickly!

Check-in was awkward, as I wanted to pay at the start of the stay. The man on the counter couldn't figure out how to do that (seriously!) so ended up charging me twice. They did refund me straight away but credit cards of course take out the money straight away, but it takes up to 5 working days for a refund to go through, so I was down a huge lump of cash! We were given warm cookies on arrival though.

15 minutes walk to Westminster. There was a closer tube station in the opposite direction but it was just as quick to walk. There was also a rack of London city bikes across the street. Building works going on across the road - not the hotel's fault of course but quite noisy and made the whole street very dusty!

For the price I would not recommend it. Maybe if you were on a business trip and your company was paying, okay, but not for tourists who want to experience London.

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster Overview

With its picturesque location in the very heart of the city the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster is a good choice of accommodation for both business and leisure travelers alike. Guests are minutes from such major attractions as the Tate Britain, Westminster Palace, Big Ben, St. James’s Park, and the iconic London Eye. The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster is located at 30 John Islip Street which is 17.8 miles from London Heathrow Airport.

All of the guest bedrooms in the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster will come furnished with a full-sized bathroom with tub, signature toiletries, an entertainment center, high-speed Internet access, direct dial phone service, climate controls, a beverage station, in room movies, room service, satellite TV, a hair dryer, and a minibar.

Those staying in the hotel will be able to take advantage of many services and facilities during their visit, including 24-hour front desk service, meeting and conference rooms, laundry and dry cleaning services, free daily breakfast service, an in-house restaurant, a business service center, a currency exchange, a modern fitness room, a lounge with bar service, a concierge desk, free parking on the premises, and a swimming pool.

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes