Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport

Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport Rates and Deals

Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport Linthicum Reviews

freak0ut freak0ut
Next time, I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn Aug 27, 2008
This is an airport hotel, which would normally mean lower prices. It was not any cheaper, but I thought it would be easier to stay at a hotel with a complimentary airport shuttle, since I was planning on using the light rail to get around. I took an early flight and arrived in Baltimore at around 10:30. I assumed I would not be able to check into my hotel this early, but figured at the very least they would let me check my bag there. I called the hotel from the courtesy phone in the airport, and asked if I could check in, and the woman who answered said no, and she also said that I would not be able to check my bag there...which I find very odd. I requested the shuttle anyway, and was told to wait at a certain door, etc. I was never given an approximate time as to when this shuttle was coming. We went outside and waited patiently. At first I actually wanted it to take awhile, because I was hoping to be able to check in. We looked through several things to do in Baltimore magazines while we waited. We finished them all, and I found it strange that the shuttle was not here. I checked my phone for the time and it had been more than 45 minutes. I programmed the hotel's number into my phone, and I called, only to get a busy signal. I went back inside to the courtesy phone hoping perhaps it was a different number. The phone rang and rang and rang. It rang for over three minutes. I hung up, and redialed, and the same thing...except someone answered this time after the third minute. I asked if my shuttle was coming, and if perhaps I was in the wrong place. No, you're in the right place, it'll be there. Okay then! We go back outside. Finally, well over an hour after I called the airport hotel to request the shuttle, it shows up. It picked up several other passengers, and we made it to the hotel. Sure enough, it had taken so long, I was now able to check in to my room. In the time I was waiting for my shuttle, I saw the Red Roof Inn shuttle pass at least six times...hence the title of this review.

The hotel was clean, the room and bed were comfortable and, aside from my initial conversations with the people over the phone, the staff was nice. The shuttle *from* the hotel left every thirty minutes on the dot, whether to the airport or to the light rail stop, which leads me to the question about why three half hour marks passed before I was picked up from BWI. On our way back to the hotel, the shuttle arrived at the light rail stop within only a few minutes. Th only other things to mention is that the light rail stop that the shuttle drops you off at isthe second to last stop...the route also splits off just before this stop, meaning that it only comes to this stop half the time. That could mean up to an hour wait for the train if you did not have a schedule.

After a day in the city, we made it back to the hotel and went down to the pool at 8:45, and it was already closed down! How disappointing. I take some blame because I assumed that like most hotels, the pool would be open until 10:00. It closes at 9, but it wasn't even 9 yet. Next, our key would not open the door from the pool area, so we had to walk around the entire building through the parking lot in our bathing suits. We opted to order room service, but didn't get desserts because they had no ice cream or pie available, which is understandable because it was late. We wanted to get our own drinks, so we headed down to the hotel store, only to find it also closed, despite the sign stating it was open until midnight. We located the vending machines instead, and went to our room to eat. The chicken teryaki wrap was actually very good. The well done hamburger was not well done...why would I expect it to be at this point? We decided to order a movie since we were not able to go swimming. Lo and behold...the movie starts in the middle. I don't know about you but I prefer to see the beginning of a movie. Maybe I'm sounding too much like a princess!

Since I am a Priority Club member, they gave me free continental breakfast. I felt like a queen. But whatever happened to free continental breakfast PERIOD? We got some cereal and yogurts and what have you. My daughter was about to pour milk into her cereal and sipped the milk first. It was SPOILED! How disgusting and awful. I motioned for a server and gave it to her, telling her it was spoiled, and that would probably want to check to other milk cartons. She smelled it, looked as disgusted as the two of us did and said "that's weird, it's not expired." Logically speaking, since it was not expired, it must have been left out warm at some point. She said she would "have them check it out" and took the offensive milk away. Yet no one removed any other milk cartons from the layout.

In the end, they removed the charge for the half movie which I couldn't even watch. But I am seriously staying at a cheaper hotel next time I go to Baltimore. This hotel is NOT worth the money they charge.

Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport Overview

Located on Elkridge Landing road, the Holiday Inn BWI Airport Linthicum is located 5 minutes from BWI Airport, the Amtrack and Baltimore Light Rail stations. Local attractions nearby includes the Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Hippodrome Theatre, M&T Bank Stadium and Washington DC.

There is a total of 259 rooms. 101 of the rooms have double beds and 9 rooms are designed for handicapped persons. Majority of the rooms are non-smoking. All rooms have a 32 inch flat screen TV, MP3 player compatible AM/FM clock radio, refrigerator and complimentary Ruckus WIFI service.

The Holiday Inn BWI Airport Linthicum with its newly renovated rooms has a health and fitness center, a restaurant bar and lounge, a grand ballroom, basketball and volleyball courts, and a seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Complimentary parking is available for all guess. Pets are allowed with an additional, non-refundable charge.

Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport Amenities

• Video Conferencing
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower