Doubletree Resort International Drive Orlando

Doubletree Resort International Drive Orlando Rates and Deals

Doubletree Resort International Drive Orlando Reviews

ejames01 ejames01
Gay Days 2012 Jun 05, 2012
The entire staff was great!! Always pleasent and with a smile on their face. Spent four days there for Gay Days 2012.

Anytime we needed towles, blankets, or whatever they were their to help.

The food menu needs to have a better selection. The breakfast buffet was awesome. $16.95 for all you can eat. the selection was great and fresh omlets made to order.

Their is a Village Inn, Liquor Store, and Minimart across the street from the hotel.

It's only $25 for a van taxi to International Drive.

The location was nice.

Three pools to choose from. The main pool close to the main lobby had a waterfall. The hotel was well landscaped and had plenty of parking.
BarbaraO BarbaraO
Nice hotel and nice staff, plus; they recycle Jun 04, 2012
I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now for business purposes. The hotel is very big and looks great. They pay a lot of attention to tidyness and overall ambiance.

They swimmingpool is nice with a waterfall and there are always fresh towels available.

Rooms are great. One thing that I like less is that I personally think there's not a lot of fresh air in the room, the airco is fully aquipt with cool and warm options, low, middle and high, but I had trouble with lack of fresh air.

Besides that everything is good. I especially like that there are 2 recycle bins in the room. For glass, paper and plastic. Very positive.

Conclusion; I would recommand this hotel!
Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Great spot for SeaWorld visitors Nov 07, 2011
Disclaimer: I didn't pay the regular rate for this hotel. I got an exceptionally large discount because I cashed in a reward night from Otherwise, this hotel would've been a lot more expensive. Based on the price that I paid for the night I stayed at this hotel (about $53 USD), it was an exceptional bargain, hence the high ratings. If I had paid the regular rate, the value rating wouldn't be as high.

Okay, now that I've established that...I stayed here recently for night, not to go to SeaWorld (even though it's very nearby), but to hang out with an old friend from South Carolina who was in Orlando for a conference. She was staying in a very expensive hotel, and even with my discount, it would've been a lot more than I was willing to pay. So I chose this hotel instead.

When I pulled up to the hotel entrance to check in, I was surprised that the valet made me leave him my car keys (WTF?). Check in was smooth, and I even got a fresh baked chocolate chip walnut welcome cookie. Tasty :)

I was informed that if I wanted to park, it would cost $18 to valet overnight or $10 to self park overnight. What a rip off! I could understand if the hotel was downtown, but these folks were clearly trying to take advantage of the guests by instituting paid parking - there was plenty of space! I begrudgingly accepted the self-parking terms.

The room itself was very nice and spacious, with huge king-sized bed, flat-screen TV and large bathroom. There was no tub, which was fine because I wouldn't have used it anyway lol. The shower floor and the bathroom floor were the same (see the picture), so you don't have to step up or down into it. The A/C worked great too. My only complaint was the iPod clock, which for some reason wouldn't charge my phone. But it was ok, since I had my own charger anyway.

My favorite feature of the room was the bed, which was very comfortable; I was sad to leave it in the morning lol. The shower was also really cool. It even had chairs in it so you can sit down and wash if you wanted.

Check out sucked. I had to wait in line, which I'm unaccustomed to doing when leaving a hotel. Usually, there's an express check out option in the hotels I stay in, but not at this place. That fact, plus the parking stipulation (not only did I have to pay the $10, but I had trouble getting through the gate because my key card didn't work properly, so I had to go back to the lobby and get another one) is why I only gave the service three stars.

Again, this hotel is great if you plan to go to SeaWorld. In fact, it claims to be an official SeaWorld hotel, and I think you can even buy tickets to the park in the lobby. And the hotel is on International Drive, which is a major street in Orlando with lots of shops and restaurants, so the location is great.

As far as value goes...well, it's Orlando. Hotels close to International Drive are often expensive, and the regular rate for me would've been about $150 USD for the night. Is the hotel worth that? I suppose so, but if you've got a car, I would recommend staying someplace a little further out, like The Florida Hotel (see my hotel review on it).
Across the street from the hotel
Large lobby
The building where my hotel room w…
sarahelaine says:
Congratulations on the feature! I've stayed in doubletree in London, and the service was great, but normal service in London is so hit-or-miss decen service looks amazing. That sort of parking charge drives me mad too.
Posted on: Nov 22, 2011
Africancrab says:
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011
Jamal1280 says:
Thank you guys for the congrats, I had no idea I was being featured lol
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011
S-Jay S-Jay
Jan 10, 2008
The International Plaza is situation on International drive just 10 minuites away from Sea world.

It holds a gym, a health spa, a play area, its own deli sandwich bar, a restraunt and 3 adult swimming pools 1 childs pool and a sauna!

The rooms come fully equiped with ensuite bath and shower facilities with his and her's sink's. A large wardrobe is in each room equiped with an iron & board as well as a safe with a key free of charge. The rooms also have a fridge to store drinks in the hot days aswel as a airconditioning machine for those nights you dont want to sleep with the balcony door open. On the balcony you will find tables and chairs.

The rooms come with lots of pillows and table and chair or a sofa if you have a king sized bedroom. The double rooms come with two double beds and the king sized is as stated a king sized bed and a sofa. All rooms come with plenty of storage and a TV with lots and lots of stations, movies are optional but have to be paid for. The room also comes with a phone.

The hotel provides a shuttle service to all theme parks that are free of charge for those people who booked the attractions in with the hotel package, if you didnt the service is still available to you at $10.

The staff are welcoming and friendly and are eager to offer advice and assistance. Taxi services are always at hand and the american taxis are far nicer than the Uk cabs.

The hotel also holds conventions and guests are welcome to go and explore.

Prices in the hotel are moderlty expensive at $4 for a bottle of water - however you do not have to use them. The restraunt onsite does do some nice food however the menu never changes and is on the expensive side, i advise to venture from the hotel across the road to the Village Inn family restraunt that is 10/10.

On your departure you are welcome to store luggage for the day if you have a late flight free of charge in a secure air conditioned room.
The international plaza

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower