DoubleTree by Hilton, West Palm Beach Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton, West Palm Beach Airport - The entrance hall to the hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton, West Palm Beach Airport - The bed
DoubleTree by Hilton, West Palm Beach Airport - The room
DoubleTree by Hilton, West Palm Beach Airport - The entrance to the room
DoubleTree by Hilton, West Palm Beach Airport - The fancy mirror in the bathroom

Check West Palm Beach Hotel Deals

DoubleTree by Hilton, West Palm Beach Airport Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice airport hotel Apr 26, 2013
I wanted to take a different hotel than the Marriott that I stayed in last year when I was down in West Palm Beach but it was kind of a mistake it turned out. I have to say that this hotel was almost 100 US$ cheaper per night which also is a huge reason to why I chose the Hilton. The hotel is located close to the airport in West Palm Beach and the area is quite empty for any entertainment in bars and food.

I arrived just before sundown and the hotel looked quite nice in the evening sun that put a sparkle on the soft orange color that the hotel had from the start. Opposite the hotel there is a all glass building and it made an amazing reflection in the window. I just had to take a snapshot of it before I entered the building. The hallway looked nice and I quickly went for the reception that was located to the left of the entrance. I was contacted by a woman that popped up From behind the counter, She was in a fabulous mood and it was really refreshing, besides that she was really nice and service minded. She quickly found my reservation and gave me a room on the top floor facing West Palm Beach in the distance and the freeway only meters from the window. She even asked me if I wanted a cookie; it was apparently the give away of the day.

The elevator was large and slow but once up on sixth floor I found my room and got pleasantly surprised after the bummer I had in New York the night before. The room was really large spacious. The bathroom was an exact copy, which made me think that someone really made a buck delivering the same bathroom design in all the chain hotels. There was a little design twist here regarding the design on the mirror though!

The room had a nice and high king size bed, which I had missed since I was staying at Marriott in Madrid some months earlier. The room had a nice flat screen standing on a desk just in front of the bed. There was a small fridge and a coffee cooker, and a safe just inside the hall. There was a small working desk, the suitcase stand was already folded out, which I like, and there was actually a sofa and a table in the room as well. The Wi-Fi was complimentary and the access easy with only the room and surname to access.

The hotel had a restaurant on the ground floor but not many were using it while I passed it. The hotel had a bar that had last call at 11.45 pm, which was the bummer because I was meeting a friend of mine at midnight so we had to find another place to hangout. I went down to the bar while I was waiting for my friend and it was also quite boring besides closing early. The place was a hangout place for airline staffs because they got discount on their bar dinner, but even still it was a boring place.

If your need is just a nights rest before or after a flight or a need for a night sleep then the hotel is perfect. Free Wi-Fi, parking just in front, nice rooms, friendly staffs and a fair price. As such a hotel it is perfect. They have a shuttle service both for the airport and down town West Palm beach, which is nice as well.
The hotel is the reflection
The hotel from outside
The room
The entrance to the room
yuness says:
Congratz Christian :)
sarahsan says:
Gratulerer med dagens hotelanbefaling! Nyt tiden i Floridas sol og varme!
wandafromtexas says:
glad you liked it well enough..thanks for the contribution and see you soon!! keep enjoying Florida!

Check West Palm Beach Hotel Deals