DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre Rates and Deals

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre Reviews

cavlizzy cavlizzy
Mixed Emotions Jun 05, 2011
When the Doubletree was first built it was a shining star. It is a very shiny all GOLD building you CAN'T miss. The rooms have wonderful views. It still is a landmark, you can tell right where you are, if you see that hotel.

Because Texas is so large, my fellow Hygiene friends and I had to drive to Dallas from Houston for a seminar to update our licenses, and we needed a hotel for the night.

I will briefly state we originally planned a cheaper hotel, but after check in, I was not impressed with the "bugs". So I immediately got us out of that spot and into the Doubletree. My friends were much younger than myself...and I agreed to pay the difference.

The Doubletree is a "nice" hotel. I believe they are still living off their image of the glory days. But it is still "nice". It used to be Grand. My Dad and I used to stay here to come shopping long time ago. The very posh Northpark Mall is very near.

The rooms are large, the views are wonderful! It is clean and will have everything in the room you need. TV has lots of channels!

The pool is "nice" with many chairs around it. It needs to be updated in my opinion.

This hotel is centrally located! It is ON Central Expressway. The location is wonderful. Which is why I thought of it so fast. You can get anywhere in Dallas fast from this spot. (minus a little traffic) For people who want to avoid being "downtown" in the middle of one way streets, this is a good option. Downtown Dallas can be intimidating.

I will say the staff can also be intimidating at this hotel IF you are younger. Not all of them, just some. I am too old to be intimidated.... but they did do this to a few of the girls with me. This is NOT Texas hospitality!

So I have mixed feelings on this hotel.

It has a great location, with nice large rooms, and great views. Wonderful if it's a first visit to Dallas. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby!! And the price is decent.

If you can overlook possible "attitude" and no bell hop at the door? (that can be hit or miss) I don't know why! Then this hotel will be fine.

Big plus is you will be able to find it easy,,, it is too tall and gold to miss it. :^) (sorry no pics as this was a seminar trip)

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre Overview

Mockingbird Station is nearby the hotel, which in turn allows for quick and convenient negotiation of this bustling city. The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre is adjacent to the Campbell Convention Center and is within very close distance to such destinations as the Kennedy 6th Floor Museum, the Art Institute of Dallas, Hurricane Harbor, the Dallas World Aquarium, Six Flags Over Dallas, the West Village Historical Area, Texas Motor Speedway, and Texas Stadium, home to the Dallas Cowboys. The Love Field Airport is less than 25 miles from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, and the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to the Dart Railway and the NorthPark Center 5 times daily.

There are 300 guestrooms at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, each offering valet laundry and dry cleaning, room service, satellite television, Internet access, and luxury bedding and fixtures.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre offers ample business and conference areas with office capabilities, an onsite restaurant, a 24 hour front desk area, and fresh baked goods each day.

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre Amenities

• Ballroom
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Exhibit Space
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Luggage Storage