DoubleTree Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport

Check Durham Hotel Deals

DoubleTree Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport Reviews

DAO DAO
A Nice Quiet Porch by the Airport Feb 06, 2017
Before I tell you the merits of this hotel, and this is a positive review, I hated the fact that the swimming pool was not open. Yes, it was the fault of the City of Durham, but I booked this place because I wanted to have a swim in the pool. I grew up in North Carolina, and it gets very hot here in summer. When I booked this location I expected a quiet room, good beds, a well located hotel, nice facilities and a swimming pool. I got everything else! And the City of Durham who must ‘commission’ all swimming pools every year are stupid bastards. Not the hotel’s fault. In fact the staff of the hotel could not have done more to give me information and assistance. An excellent hotel.

The hotel is inside a business park full of offices. It’s quiet – especially at night. If you want a free ride to the airport, free ride to food & shopping, and just plain quiet – this is an outstanding choice!

My room was very narrow, but had a wonderful bed, a nice leather sofa, good mini-bar, excellent bathroom and it was quiet. The hotel had a lovely lobby, outdoor areas, a fantastic front porch (with rocking chairs), ice machines and a lovely looking restaurant.

The hotel has a free shuttle that not only takes you to RDU Airport – they will even take you to diner or a movie. The shuttle runs to the Streets at Southpoint (shops, restaurants, movies).

I had a great meal, a great sleep and – almost – a good swim. And inspired choice for RDU Airport.

Check Durham Hotel Deals