DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton

Check Niagara Falls Hotel Deals

DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton Niagara Falls Reviews

ChrisCoe ChrisCoe
The three L's Jul 28, 2014
Although I gave this a one star on service, this hotel is wonderful in many ways; and gave it a 4 overall. Just avoid asking for anything, and you will be totally fine :)

I loved the location the most, but the cleanliness, the comfort, and the value are close behind.

On the Canadian side there are two main things to look at: the waterfalls. Ask for a high up floor (the higher the better), and request a falls view room. The falls you see on your right is the horseshoe falls and the biggest swankiest casino, dead ahead is the American Falls and the Skylon tower, to your left is the rainbow bridge, the massive Canadian tourist trap area, and a very nice (but smaller), 2nd casino.

The hotel is centrally located, but sits back a little bit. It was all close enough that I did not mind walking, but it was a 2-3hour round trip.

The amenities are a bit above average IMO., but I have seen much better. There is a sun deck, a hot tub for inside, and one for outside, a big pool, an extremely small gym, a gift shop, and a pricey (but very nice Restaurant). The restaurant's breakfast is incredible, and I thought their steak burgers where some of the best I ever had (I ordered one the first night, and one again the 2nd night).

As good as I think the restaurant was, a friend paid. It was like $16, and I did have breakfast there the first morning, but on the second morning I walked one block over (towards ferry rd), and there was another incredible buffet that was $7.

As for my one star rating...the service, I had two problems when I asked for help, and in the two days I was there I only asked for assistance twice. Remember, I loved the rest of this hotel, but this part got me pissed! On the first morning I got up early to go down to the gym. I have a movement disability that is painless, and does not keep me from activities, but I move overly slow (think of a human that walks like a penguin, but half the speed). The workout center is on the ground floor (below the lobby), and I rode the elevator down directly to the gym. After several minutes I got to the locked glass door in front of the one single, unoccupied, eliptical machine (my equipment of choice). However, my room key did not work to open the door. Many more minutes passed by while I went back up to the lobby to get my magnetic card fixed. The clerk did his magic, and back down I went, but when I got there the key still was not working. I made this trip two more times until I could finally put my hands on the machine. Fortunately after half an hour the elipticle remained vacant (it is a very sparse hotel, another reason to stay).

That brings me to my second problem, 'the travel lady'. I explicitly explained my desire to not walk, and what I wanted to go see. She then explained that it was still 2h early for the first bus, and it was $150. Needless to say, I chose walking. During my stroll I came to find out that she was trying to sell me a private bus tour, and did not bother to say that the public bus starts picking up across the street early (like rooster am), and it is only a few $s. She probably got some sort of a kickback for her sales, but I do not want to type here the descriptive word running through my head right now.

In short, stay there, remember the cheap breakfast, the high up room on the falls side, and for God's sake,do not ask the Hotel to help you with anything else.

P.S. Watch your step in the shower, there is no grippy floor thing on the tub, and their tile is slippery when wet: trust me, I know :)

P.P.S. I was curious and did a search for the hotel price (wanted to see what they said on their site). I called and in the middle of summer my room was $89 a night, ATM the site says $183, and I went 1mo ago.
Skylor tower from our hotel room, …
haidgirl says:
congrats on the feature!!! the magnetic cards can be such a pain, and such a shame the lady didn't mention about the local bus...annoying!! hope you had a fantastic view of the falls that made up for it all! : D
Posted on: Aug 09, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Aug 05, 2014