Double Musky Inn

(907) 783-2822

Double Musky Inn Girdwood Reviews

glacierman glacierm…
The finest restaurant in Alaska Sep 01, 2014
Why Five Stars you ask? Have you ever gone to a restaurant and watched the server bring food to another table and you think to yourself "Wow I should have ordered that"? The Double Musky gives you that impression with every item on their menu. I have never had a bad meal there. In fact, the food is so incredibly delicious and filling that I often manage to have leftovers to take home and enjoy it again. If there is one drawback to the Double Musky it is that they don't take reservations unless you arrive in a limosine.I am serious about that. The limo services in Anchorage can make reservations for your party at the Double Musky. I guess they figure if you are going to spend the money on the limo you are probably going to show up to eat there. The restaurant is not on the beaten path. It is 45 miles out of Anchorage along one of the most scenic drives in Alaska. Once you arrive at the Double Musky you have two options. You can try and get a seat in the bar area and eat there or you can put your name on a waiting list and either hang out or go for a stroll in the wilderness of Alaska. Well maybe not the wilderness but definitely not an urban setting either. The cuisine at the Musky is a mix between cajun and American. If you think you can handle spicy hot I recommend the Jumbalaya and order it hot (yes they have different spice levels but even the mild will make you sweat a little). If you are into the meat side of life (most Alaskans are meat eaters) then have my all time favorite the Pepper Steak. It is a side of beef and not some petite thing and it is cooked to prefection with an incredible sauce on it. I might just have to stop this review and fly in from the bush and go there now. Okay I will finish the review. The seafood is always fresh, the appetizers are unique and wonderfully delicious and don't try to eat all of your dinner because you will want dessert, trust me on this one. And if you are taking the kids along I recommend arriving as soon as they open because they are less crowded and the kids won't fill up on fruity kid drinks that put the adult drinks to shame. Yes I am the designated driver when we go there so I know what they taste like. I enjoy food and I enjoy great food even more so if I could pick one place in all of Alaska to eat (other than my wife's cooking)I choose the Double Musky Inn. So why the expensive rating for it? My Pepper Steak is $30, my mushroom appetizers are $10, my fruity drink is $6 (I usually have 1 and then switch to sweet tea), and my dessert is $8. While that is not really expensive compared to other places in Alaska it is more pricey than some folks are used to. And since I am a working hand I understand the value of going out to eat. So the next time you decide to stop in Alaska take the time to savor all this great state has to offer including the Double Musky.

Check Girdwood Hotel Deals