Double 44 Restaurant

Double 44 Restaurant - the ceiling

Double 44 Restaurant Ikoyi Reviews

marix_sublime marix_su…
Double 44 Restaurant Sep 02, 2012
I have always seen this restaurant but had never tried their cuisine. Again, in our quest for something new in Lagos, we tried this one.

Well, it’s a little bit decrepit, interior looks old and sad, with its faded paint and practically deserted ambiance, but that didn’t deter us from staying and trying the food.

Menu serving is continental with the usual pizza, salad, sandwiches, burgers, kebabs plus chicken.

Our waiter gamely pointed the house specialties and when asked would answer extensively about the finer points of each dishes. I ordered for cordon bleu and my friend, chicken escalope with French fries and rice as side servings. Of course, our choice of drink is their Chapman.

We waited for around 20minutes, and we saw that servings are huge. We could not really finish it at once. It was also very delicious. For us it could compete with other restaurants offering the same menu.

Downside of this joint is their toilets. My friend went there and came back promptly saying she will just wait until we are home. That’s how bad it is. Anyways, we told one of the waiters about it. What a waste if customers won’t come back because of their dirty toilets. Hopefully, they would listen to direct feedback's this like.

Price wise, fair enough.

Maybe it has its glory days before, maybe not, it’s just a restaurant that actually served good food but could fade into oblivion because people are not patronizing it, is I’ll repeat, such a waste.
their version of cordon bleu
the ceiling
chicken escalope
tables and chairs inside
marix_sublime says:
Same same ika nga, hahah...ok lang din. enjoy your day G!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2012
GMendozaFilms says:
No worries Mar
Like I said I'm a fan of ur writing.
Okay lang
Ikaw?
Posted on: Sep 03, 2012
marix_sublime says:
Thanks for reading G. Kmusta?
Posted on: Sep 03, 2012

Compare Lagos Hotel Rates (4.4km away)

Double 44 Restaurant Map