Douar Souiri Hotel Essaouira

Douar Souiri Hotel Essaouira Rates and Deals

Douar Souiri Hotel Essaouira Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Great location May 29, 2011
Hotel Souiri is located inside the medina. The lobby looks very nice, but don´t be fooled. Once you see your room it´s a different story. The reception area is tastefully decorated in rustic tiles and iron furniture with pastel colored cushions. There is also a nice fireplace there.

Hotel Souiri has no elevator, only a steep, narrow flight of stairs, so don´t bring your biggest and heaviest suitcase. You have to drag it up the stairs yourself.

The rooms are small, very plain and a bit depressive. My room didn´t even have a proper bathroom and they called it en-suite. I did have two comfortable single beds and a small desk, but that was it. The washbasin was in the entrance. The light above the washbasin did not work (the light bulb was missing), neither did the light above the bed. The toilet/shower was simple, but clean. There were no amenities of any kind. Both the room and bathroom needed maintenance. The door to my room would not stay closed, it had to be looked with a key. Once you closed the window, the room got a bit smelly (probably sewage from the shower).

Some of my friends had TV, but not me. They also had a bathroom, so I asked to change room. It was not possible the first night, but I got a new room the second night. The new room was as plain as the first, but it did have a proper bathroom. Later I understood why I did not have a TV. There was no outlet anywhere in the room. I had to charge my camera batteries in the bathroom.

The day we arrived the reception staff was not directly unfriendly, but not very nice either. It did get better on the second day.

Breakfast was served in a nicely decorated restaurant on the ground floor. It was plain and served individually. Each of us got a pain au chocolat, white bread, butter and jam. It also came with a glass of orange juice and tea or coffee. My mint tea was so strong, it was not drinkable. If you wanted a second cup of tea or coffee you had to pay extra. For Dh 5 you could have a crêpe or an omelet for Dh 3.

Loudspeakers from the mosque where right outside my window. Something I was not aware of. At 5 am I went from deep sleep to standing up in my bed. It was incredible loud, it scared the crap out of me.

The roof top terrace had a couple of sun beds, which was okay for a relaxed afternoon. The view was only of the nearby rooftops. Since the terrace was used to drying cloths, it was not particularly charming.

Would I stay at Hotel Souiri again? I probably would. Even though the rooms are very plain, the location is great and the room rate is good value for money.

Room rates are:

Reception and lounge
Lounge
Lounge

Douar Souiri Hotel Essaouira Overview

With its central location, Douar Souiri Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Essaouira. The Douar Souiri Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each guestroom has television, shower, separate shower and tub. Guests staying at this Essaouira accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as 24hr room service, shops, bar/pub, restaurant, business center. Leisure and sports facilities available on the hotel's property comprise massage, outdoor pool, garden. Along with its convenient location in Essaouira, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. Being one of the good quality hotels in Essaouira, guests staying at this hotel will find its convenient location and tranquil atmosphere pleasurable. To make your booking at the Douar Souiri Hotel Essaouira, please enter the dates of your stay and sumbit our secure online booking form.

Douar Souiri Hotel Amenities