Douang Praseuth Hotel

Check Vientiane Hotel Deals

Douang Praseuth Hotel Vientiane Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
very average and poor breakfast Nov 08, 2012
I recently stayed at this hotel on my last trip to Laos for a visa run. I booked online at agoda.com, mainly because of the reduced price of 1,500baht to 755baht per night. I also chose this hotel due to the close proximity to the Embassy of Thailand, which is where I needed to go.

Upon arrival, staff were very nice and happy to greet me. Found it a little strange to have the key in a sealed envelope - made it a little difficult when trying to open room door with all my bags.

Room itself was big - no view from window - small tv with cable, air con, and wifi too! Beds looked clean from afar, but up close one of the bed sheets was covered in small black hairs, also lots of hair in the bathroom sink - very dusty behind beds and side table and in wardrobe - pillows very hard also - Bathroom big, but no separate shower and toilet - toilet seat got all wet once you had finished in the shower - my feet also couldn't touch the floor when sitting on the toilet as it was raised on a little cement platform (and I'm not a short person) - no hand towels, only bath towels, and no bath mat either.

I decided to stay another day due to embassy being closed on the first day I arrived, and when asking to book another night, I had to speak to 4 different people to get my point across - I think the reception people should have a basic knowledge of English. When someone finally understood my request, they just said yes, and did not tell me the price of the room until check out, and it ended up being more expensive than what I paid for the first night.

You also get a free buffet breakfast - I strongly suggest finding somewhere else to eat. Buffet food consisted of eggs (lady behind egg fryer only knew how to do fried.. nothing else), sliced bread and butter, and fruit which looked like it had been sitting there for a day or 2. Fresh juice was nice, and that's about all.

Hallway to my room was also very dark at night - I actually did not feel safe coming back from dinner late. Also, when I woke up on the second morning, there were small ants all over my bed... not too sure where they came from or where they were going, but they were there.

I also wanted a tuk-tuk or taxi into the city center, staff ran down the street to get me a tuk-tuk - very helpful, but location is not close to city center - cost approx 200b (50,000kip) to get to the center of town.

Only positive things about this hotel were the free wifi in the room, cold air con, cable tv, and close proximity to Thai Embassy. I will probably not be staying here again.
lobby @ douang praseuth hotel
twin room @ douang praseuth hotel

Check Vientiane Hotel Deals