Donovan House - Rooftop Lounge

1155 14th Street NW, Washington, DC, USA

Donovan House - Rooftop Lounge Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Rooftop Happy Hour! Sep 15, 2010
The hotel was recently redone and is now called Donovan's House. The lobby is small but chic. It's almost a little funny how they have a club rope in the lobby to ID and organize people heading up to the rooftop lounge.

I arrived to celebrate a birthday with a few girlfriends. We were ID'd and counted to be sure we could fit in the elevator. We went around happy hour time, so the guests who were staying at the hotel who had children were still lingering around the pool. They eventually went downstairs as more and more well dressed people began to pop up on the roof in heels and dresses and suits.

When wearing stilettos or thin heels, it is easy to get caught in the wooden flooring of the roof, so be careful. Another caution is attire; I had a cute summer dress, mid-thigh length, but it was difficult to sit in as the have lounge chairs up on the roof and you sit really low (so be sure to corss those knees!)

The bar is just OK, they don't have a large selection and they don't do well with what they have and they still charge $10-$11 a drink! There are tall tables, but no seating at the bar; only the lounge chairs around the pool. The view is AWESOME and when the summer heat kicks in, the breeze and elevation is helpful. The DJ is cool and the atmosphere and crowd is nice, but I'm not sure this would be a place I'd stay at all night.

Only been once so far, will return, but didn't stay too late when I went, so I don't know how it develops into the later hours of the evening. If a local or visiting, it's nice place to stop by as there are only a handful of rooftop lounges in DC.
The view from the roof of Donavan'…
Donavan's Roof (guess it woulda ca…

Check Washington Hotel Deals