Dong Wu Hotel Taipei

Check Taipei Hotel Deals

Dong Wu Hotel Taipei Reviews

Napsju Napsju
Excellent hotel in Taipei May 15, 2012
Excellent hotel close to the newly built Daqiaotou ( 大橋頭 ) MRT station. We stayed there four nights and got a free upgrade to one of the more expensive spacious rooms. The room was very clean and the king size bed was awesome. The 32" (!!) lcd TV had a wide range of international channels incl. NGC, Discovery and CNN. The breakfast was somewhat Taiwanese, but not bad at all. The WiFi was fine and there were even two iMacs free to use in the restaurant below street level.

Highly recommended for the price of TWD 7996.00 total.
trippinginnederland says:
I will do a review when I'm bored. Hopefully I'll be able to remember the details :p
Posted on: Apr 12, 2011
trippinginnederland tripping…
Nearly Everything Is There (in the bathroom)! Jul 01, 2011
The place may seem old on the outside but when you step into the bedroom, it is rather big. The bathroom is huge and there's nearly everything in the bathroom! I couldn't believe that they provided toothbrushes, toothpaste, of course toiletries and sewing stuff. There's also a weighing scale too! Pretty much, I guess you don't have to bring your toothbrush and toothpaste along if you were to book this place.

The problem is...it is quite a walking distance from the train station. It is a do-able distance I would say so it isn't too bad. It is located near to 7-Eleven so you have something to snack or drink at night. It is opened 24/7.

Cleanliness is really good...the lady would be wiping the walls (corridor to the rooms) of the hotel. I've never seen anyone doing that in a hotel :p

Breakfast isn't too bad as much was done to cater to the Asians (I must say). There are two iMacs there for anyone's use...and of course printers. MANY and I had to emphasise it...MANY magazines for you to choose and read. Not a bad place. I liked my stay there and there were many channels to watch on the TV :D

I enjoyed my stay at Dong Wu Hotel...friendly staff but not really well-informed. They had to use the Internet to find out stuff (things which they should know) when you asked them some Qs. Taiwanese people are really friendly and nice and if you were to visit 101 (the freakingly tall building), go to this YouthTravel office to get a pass whereby you can get discount. I think this pass is valid for the young ones until the age of 30. Anyway the website is youthtravel.tw :)

I think that's all about what I have to mention. Honestly, I would love to enjoy Taipei a lot but it was awful that I started to be unwell on my journey there and was sick for 3-4 days. Sad that I didn't try the 'smelly tofu'. Seriously, it stinks sooo bad I thought people shitted nearby! I forgot to mention that there's WiFi! Pretty much an affordable place to stay.
fafo58 fafo58
for the price, fantastic Sep 24, 2011
first of all: located just a few train stations on the MRT from the main station in taipei. you get, king size bed, good breakfast buffet, clean room, air con, safe, plasma tv, very kind staff, all this for less than 60 dollars a night! a steal.
portia portia
a small gem at an affordable price Mar 20, 2008
I saw a review by Siam (a fellow travbuddy) on this hotel, and booked it for my trip to Taiwan in March 08. Since I was by myself, my main criteria for a hotel is cleanliness, convenience, internet access. Dong Wu Hotel was a great value for the price (I booked online at their web site). And I spent a total of one week there. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The location is about 10-15 walk from the nearest subway MRT station, so not as close as can be, but you could also take a bus to a slightly farther MRT station. The hotel had many maps, included one in the elevator showing you how to take the bus. Other maps include a handy pocket MRT route map, and both English and Chinese versions of the nearby attraction and street map.

The room(s) I got were nice enough, bed was very comfortable, the bathroom very new and clean. The only minus was no windows with any view. The windows were high and small. But that was easily overcome by their more than reasonable price. I think they also have a few rooms with real windows, but they cost more and I didn't need them.

There are photos of neighborhood baroque architectures on the walls, and antiques or artworks on display at each floor. It was a nice touch.

In room internet was free, both wired and wireless were available. I did have some problem at times with the network being down, but overall it was good.

Breakfast was included, and you take your breakfast at a basement cafe, which was very nice. It even had a couple of large flat screen TV's and 3 PC's with printers for the guests. The breakfast has good variety and the cafe also served as a library with a large selection of magazines and newspapers both Chinese and English. You can go into the cafe anytime for free tea and coffee and use the computers.

I put 4* on the amenities because the network went down a few times, but otherwise this hotel is perfect for someone who wants a nice place to stay without spending too much and don't need a window with views.
Dong Wu Hotel from across the stre…
Nice comfy bed
new, clean and good size batchroom
view inside the breakfast cafe, ma…
siam siam
Jan 16, 2007
Located at the heart of Taipei city. and close to many historic achitectures

as well as shopping, the Taipei Dong Wu hotel is a

small but beautiful and elegant hotel, absolutely clean, neat, quiet, and makes a great choice for sight-seeing in Taipei.

Dong Wu Hotel Amenities

• Modem / Data Port
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Luggage Storage