Dondonya Shokudo

Shop 371, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Dondonya Shokudo Kowloon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great fast served food Jan 24, 2012
I was walking around in the very busy and crowded Plaza Hollywood shopping mall after some great hours in the awesome Lin Chi Nunnery. I was looking for a place to eat and after some time I spotted the restaurant Dondonya Shokudo that turned out to be a wonderful Japanese kitchen.

The interior was simple and minimalistic and every time a new customer was followed down to the seat all the co-workers greeted the customer with an outburst of a welcome salute. The menu had loads of good offers and I ended up ordering: Fried potato pure with cheese, roasted pork with barbeque sauce and steamed vegetables with pork and for a desert an ice cream with Mikado and some fluffy beans. All this was joined with a couple of nice Sapporo beers.

The food was really great and as I was eating the restaurant quickly got filled up, when I left there was a huge queue to get in, so it was pretty popular. During the entire dinner I was following all the action in the kitchen because I had a single seat table facing the kitchen, which actually turned out to be great. It was quite amazing to see how fast they worked and how organized they were.
My pork
My dinner
My Mikado ice cream
My potatoes
Chokk says:
It was perfect - head on with the kitchen can be great if they can cook and keep it clean ;D
Posted on: Feb 11, 2012
spocklogic says:
Nice review, and you had a good seat to see the operation.
Posted on: Feb 11, 2012

Compare Causeway Bay Hotel Rates (4km away)

Dondonya Shokudo Map