Donación Botero (Botero Museum)

Calle 11 No. 4-41, Bogota, Colombia
091-343-1340

Donación Botero (Botero Museum) Bogota Reviews

Shavaba Shavaba
Worth a Visit! Aug 20, 2009
It is nice to see how Botero plays with the chubby verson of all famous paintings.. It is typical Colombian so give it a shot and you either love it or not! I sure did..
travelman727 travelma…
Fun Art Museum - The Man Who Paints Fat People Jan 15, 2006
BOTERO MUSEUM

In 2000, Fernando Botero, the world's best-known and most highly regarded living Latin American artist donated over $100 million worth of art from his personal collection to his native Colombia.

"The man who paints fat people" gave 123 of his own paintings, sculptures and drawings to Bogotá. He also contributed 85 originals from renown 19th and 20th century masters, including Beckman, Chagall, Degas, Dali, Matisse, Miro, Monet, Picasso and Toulouse-Lautrec.

The collection is housed in a beautifully restored colonial mansion located in the heart of Bogotá's most historic and interesting neighborhood, La Candelaria.

I have never enjoyed myself more at a museum. Botero's works make you laugh. As he once said, "There are people who think artists have to be sad, poor, dirty and ridden with tuberculosis. Some artists even try to live up to it; but I think it's silly. I don't have any of that; it's the opposite."

His joy of life and his affection for Colombia and its people shine in every piece. The plump parameters of proportion in his world are innovative and almost always surprising. You end up leaving with a smile on your face and with memories to last a lifetime. Wait...am I really talking about an "art museum?"

If you go to Bogotá, you really should take time to see this one-of-a-kind place :-D
Botero's "Mona Lisa"
travelman727 says:
Christian, I agree! I love Botero's works :-D
Posted on: Jun 30, 2011
Chokk says:
I just love this guys things
Posted on: Jun 30, 2011
Africancrab says:
I think I will have to go there too:) Thanks for sharing Mark.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2011