Dona Crispina Beach Resort and Hotel

planisphere planisph…
Dona Crispina Beach Resort Jan 17, 2009
From their homepage:

Welcome to Doña Crispina Beach Resort and Hotel

...for vacation, weekends, business meetings, social function or plain relaxation.

Doña Crispina Beach Resort and Hotel is the right place for you.

My thoughts:

We reserved the cheapest hotel that I can find online in Kalibo area. Dona Crispina Hotel came up to be the cheapest. And since hotel rooms during Ati-atihan goes double, the Dona Crispina is the only affordable hotel that I can find online. We booked our room for 3 persons.

Finding the hotel was the challenging part. It is not located in the town proper of Numancia, but in Navitas part where beaches are. The ride to the beach was bumpy. And tricycle drivers would rip you off once they learned that you are not a local. If you are willing to wait, the tricycle ride is only 8 pesos from Numancia town proper to Dona Crispina. But if you want to rent the whole thing, you will pay 50 pesos. If you hire a tricycle from Kalibo, it would be from 100 to 150, but could go down to 80 pesos.

The room was small but enough for the three of us to squeeze in and have a restful sleep. The place is quite remote, so no noisy bars around. The place also serve decent food for reasonable price. they have a sort of social hall at the middle of the compound where you can stay up till midnight, you can order beer there as well.

The beach of Numancia is not white but dark gray to black. Not really a good beach (well, as compare to Boracay).

Despite of all the shortcomings of this hotel, I would still stay there. The owners were extra-nice. They are really good hosts. Despite the location and lack of amenities, I felt safe in that place. All I need is a nice bed and good security for a hotel.

Check Kalibo Hotel Deals