Dona Choleng Camping Resort

Cagbalete Island, Cagbalete Island, Philippines

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Dona Choleng Camping Resort Cagbalete Island Reviews

holdmyhandsforever holdmyha…
Overnight Stay in a Bali Hut Jan 03, 2016
Donya Choleng Camping Resort is consistently receiving good reviews online. So, I and my friends decided to spend a night here to experience what everyone is telling, serenity and tranquility.

Few days prior to our trip, I have been exchanging text messages with Ryan, the resort's owner. I've asked him about the place, weather, on how safe the place is, including accommodation rates. I confirmed our reservation the same day.

Donya Choleng is the closest resort from Sabtang port. It is approximately a 30-minute walk from the port. It has a perfect location as it is not sandwiched with other resorts. The resort has multiple accommodations that can fit any budget, from air conditioned rooms to bali/nipa huts to even tents. Entrance fee is 50 pesos.

We chose a bali hut since it is intended for three people. We paid 1,500 pesos for an overnight stay. The accommodation is pretty simple with shared rest rooms with other bali hut guests. The room, the bed is clean and it has electric fan. Be reminded that electricity is being turned off at exactly 6 PM everyday. None of us wants to take the bunk bed so we ended flipping a coin. I lost the game so I had no choice but to take the upper bed.

My new friends brought up a tent so they only paid 250 pesos. Tent rental at the resort is 500 pesos.

Dona Choleng offers a spectacular sunrise and sunset spot. The sand is soft and creamy just like those in Boracay. Bonfire at the resort costs 500 pesos.

Food at the resort is pricey. However, you can request for the staff to cook your preferred food. Seafood is not always available so you need to have reservation ahead of time. Bringing food including rice cooker and electric kettle is recommended.

The resort is tied up with boat owners for port to hotel transfer and island hopping packages. Tip: Be friendly to get the cheapest rates.

If you're into party with loud music, the resort isn't for you. Visit the island during off-season to avoid the hassle of being with the crowd.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. They have friendly staff. Food is great even though its pricey. The resort is indeed the right place to de-stress.

Two thumbs up for Donya Choleng!

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Cagbalete Island Map