Nakhon Pathom, Thailand

Don Wai Floating Market Nakhon Pathom Reviews

pensacolapyro pensacol…
Fun floating market trip outside of Bangkok Jul 19, 2015
I figured this floating market deserves a review. I really enjoyed the trip. First off this is not a tourist trap. Everything was fair and fair to cheap priced. It is a bit off the beaten path. Thankfully I had a Thai person with me who took me to this place. You can get to the floating market two ways, drive all the way there or drive most of the way and take a boat up river. Take the boat ride, it is worth it.

So we parked at one of the temples to get to the boat ramp. Here you pay just 60 baht ($2 USD) for a round trip ticket. The ride is about 30 minutes or so, depending how much vegetation is floating in the river. You will understand in the pictures. Lots of nice things to see. Somewhere along this trip another skiff boat will come along side of the boat and board you. They are here to sell you some drinks, they had good frozen orange juice and coconut juice for just 20 baht and it was a big cup too. All interesting to watch this boat tie up to you while in motion. Lol

Soon you will be dropped off at the floating market dock. As usual there is lots of fresh vegetable, fruits and meats. Plus all the standard "stuff" for sale. This floating market also has large floating docks with resturants on them. Everything was priced decent and some cheaper than Bangkok. We stopped off at one of the floating resturants and had some duck, noodles, pork and vegetables, all for 250 baht. We had enough to take home too, so we were full. The service was good and fast, which was surprising because the market was packed.

The boats run about every 30 minutes or so. When your ready just go back to the dock. They also take your picture on the boat and place it on a nice frame. It as nicely done and only charge 100 baht if you want it. But it is there ready for you when you leave. This was a great day trip out of Bangkok and I definitely recommend it.

Check Nakhon Pathom Hotel Deals