Don River

Don River - Don river
Don River - fishing
Don River - usual companion
Don River - shadow-figure of dock
Don River - probably fishing too?
Don River - One of the dry-cargo vessels.

Don River Rostov-na-Donu Reviews

rostovcat rostovcat
Don River Cruise Sep 06, 2010
There are a lot of different opportunities to have a journey down the river Don. Also there are a lot of different ways for these journeys — to the Azov Sea, to Taganrog, to Azov, to Starocherkassk... Anyway you can book a journey of local company (for example one day return trip to Azov or to Starocherkassk), or you can rent a boat (seems to be quite expensive, usually is made for a big parties), or you can rent a yacht (I wouldn't say it is a cheaper option, too), or you can make a journey with travel agency by a kayak or float-boat (sounds great, but I haven't tried it yet).

The easiest way, of course, is the firt option — almost sheduled trips to Azov or Starocherkassk. I've said «almost», because as everything in our city it is not 100% promised. This is their new service, and these trips can be made only if they are prebooked... But we were lucky and that day our journey was successful.

What should I say — do not forget to takr some food with you. =) First of all it is about for sure that everyone on board have taken some stuff to eat and to drink (we were not lucky in this case, there was a big celebrating company which got drunk too fast... and their behaviour was rather unpromising, but it was not a real problem, at least for us). So, just in case I would advise to take something for a picknick. There is a bar on board, but it's too expensive and useless... there is nothing more except drinks and something which can remind a sandvige if you have a very rich imagination. =)

Nevertheless the view is very spectacular.

Don is navigable river, so you can see a lot of boats and ships along your journey.

Also there are a lot of fishermen on their boats. You can see different types of boats and different types of fishermen. =) It is quite a popular kind of a hobby in Rostov region.

This is just a short experience of the Don River Cruise.

I hope next time I will try another direction and another way of travelling. =)
usual companion
One of the dry-cargo vessels.
shadow-figure of dock
fishing

Compare Rostov-on-Don Hotel Rates (0.4km away)

Rostov-na-Donu Map