Domus Mariae Palazzo Carpegna

Domus Mariae Palazzo Carpegna Rates and Deals

Domus Mariae Palazzo Carpegna Rome Reviews

Amanda Amanda
May 08, 2007
OK, well now you're just being silly.

First, you let me go to Rome - and then you tell me I get to stay HERE?

This place was the perfect hotel for our one, lone night in Roma. We arrived in Rome early in the day, spent the day and the night in Rome, and then left the next evening. Obviously, if these two days and this one night were all we had for this famous city, we wanted a decent hotel room for the experience! But not being rich, where to go?

WHERE to go ended up being a two part answer; Part number one was (believe me, we tried them all) Part number two was this MIGHTY FINE hotel; The Grand Hotel Palazzo Carpegna.

This stately hotel is actually in a historic old building. They will tell you that it's surrounded by Villa Carpegna Park, but really, not so much - and why embellish, when the truth of the place is more than nice enough?

The truth of the grounds is that there aren't a whole lot to be had as far as I could tell. This place is surrounded by other businesses; so while you walk down a long drive to get there, and there is some grass and park, it's not much at all. But honestly, this is Rome - you'll be busy doing other things, and it won't matter.

The rooms are fantastic; white and brown, very calm, very clean, with lovely windows THAT OPEN... AHHHHH..... heaven. Perfect sheets, flat screen TV on the wall, are you getting the picture here? The price? On a holiday week, in between Christmas and New Years in ROME?? €89.00, my friends, €89.00... and add to that I was staying with my friend - so for me? €44.50. Sheer Bliss.

I would recommend strongly not eating in the hotel - that would be HUGELY overpriced. Leave via the driveway, cross the street at the top of the drive, turn right, and after about 10 steps there is a coffee shop, right there. Cheap, lovely, and perfect in most every way. Problem solved.

There is a haunted elevator - if this bothers you, think twice. No one told me it was haunted, but I'm not a complete dunce, and I know haunted when I experience it. It had a penchant for ignoring the floor you so nicely asked it to take you to, and instead would take you to floor...wait for it... FLOOR NEGATIVE 2????? Yes my friends, we're in some creepy basement now, where the doors would then open, and not want to close again until they had a nice rest. This was especially fun at 3:00 in the morning, when trying to get back up to the room, as my friend Dario decided his new favorite game was jumping out into said creepy basement, going around the corner, and then leaping back into the elevator screaming at me like a monster. Thanks for the memories, Dario.
The front of the hotel. Lovely.
A picture of our beds... I love ho…
The hotel at night. Ahhhhh.....
AndiPerullo says:
How can you only spend 1 night in Roma??? Besides the point, this hotel sounds bellisima--next time I'm in that great city I'll stay there. I like haunted things! ;-)
Posted on: May 08, 2007

Domus Mariae Palazzo Carpegna Overview

Many of the most popular attractions are close to this hotel in Rome. It is just a short drive to the Vatican museums, St. Peter's Basilica, and the center of Rome. Visitors of the Grand Palazzo Carpegna Roma will be able to peruse the popular shopping areas and find a number of interesting places to dine or grab coffee. Guests at the Hotel Grand Hotel Palazzo Carpegna will find many attractions within walking distance, while others are easily reachable via public transportation. The airport and rail station are only a short drive away.

The 234 rooms found at the Grand Palazzo Carpegna Rom include satellite television, air-conditioning, direct dial telephones, mini bars and more.

Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the Hotel Grand Palazzo Carpegna Rom offers many popular amenities to its guests. Visitors to the hotel will be able to enjoy dining at either of the two onsite restaurants and grabbing a drink at the onsite bar. The hotel even offers a piano bar where guests can listen and relax.

Domus Mariae Palazzo Carpegna Amenities

• Exhibit Space
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes