Domus Balthasar Design Hotel

Domus Balthasar Design Hotel Rates and Deals

Domus Balthasar Design Hotel Prague Reviews

TravelLass TravelLa…
Simply Charming Apr 18, 2012
I stayed in this hotel in June 2010.

I was taken to the design and location while searching for accommodation in Prague hence I booked this hotel.

I arranged for a pick up service at the train station when I booked the hotel. My train was delayed for hours (I was supposed to be on an express train from Munich to Prague but due to track maintenance, we ended going the long way) and I was worried my pick up service will be cancelled. Imagine my surprise and relief to see the driver walking along the platform with my name on a piece of paper as the train pulled in to station! I've never been so happy to see a stranger in my life! The driver (I am so sorry I can't remember his name), was a nice gentleman. He came on the train to help me with my luggages. During the journey to the hotel, he'll point out some sights but mostly was not overly chatty. He was also very kind to give me a tip that the best time to take photos on Charles Bridge without the crowd is early in the morning.

Check-in at the hotel was swift. I've booked for opera on one of the evenings and arranged for ticket to be delivered to the hotel. I did inform the staff beforehand and they kept it for me.

The room I was assigned was gorgeous. It was very spacious, with a big modern bathroom. It looked exactly like what I saw from the professional photos on the hotel's website. I could see Charles Bridge from my my window.

The hotel is at a very convenient location in Malá Strana, right by Charles Bridge. There are some restaurants and sourvenir shops closeby, embassies and The Prague Castle was a short walk away. A leisurely walk across Charles Bridge will bring you to Old Town square where most attractions are. As a single female traveller, you'll feel very safe walking in the area.

The only thing to note is that as like any old building converted to a hotel, there is not elevator, so be prepared to climb those stairs!

I love my room and the hotel and would definitely stay again and highly recommend it.

Domus Balthasar Design Hotel Overview

The 4 star Design Boutique Hotel Domus Balthasar is a stylish and smart accommodation located just a few steps from Charles Bridge close to Old Town Square and Prague Castle. The hotel has 8 rooms including 2 double attic rooms; 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms; 2 suites with kitchenette and 1 royal. Rooms offer guests a peaceful atmosphere for both work and relaxation and feature a view of the city. Reception is open from 7am until midnight. The history of the building goes back to the 14th century; though the fittings are either modern or timeless. The hotel does its best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of guests. The interiors are warm and cozy as well as chic and cool; with wooden typical design furniture with pure lines in dark colors; which combines well with the light; creamy tones of the carpets; curtains and other decorations. All rooms have a direct dial telephone with answering machine and private number; fax and internet connection; multipurpose writing desk; personal electronic safe; mini bar; tea and coffee making facilities; TV with Satellite reception and a hi-fi mini system with CD; DVD and radio. Attic rooms are air-conditioned and in all other rooms there is a fan. The luxury bathrooms are equipped with bathtub and shower; hairdryer; bathrobes and WC. In attic rooms there is a bathtub only. Suites also offer a kitchenette with ceramic cooking stove; microwave oven and basic cooking equipment. There is a public parking area on Malostranske Square just a few metres from the hotel at a charge per day; or there is a garage in a hotel nearby on request also at a charge. Additional Information; Children age 3 and under stay free in the room with parents and in existing bedding. Children over this age will be considered an adult. The hotel reserves the right to without prior notification cancel any reservation with an invalid or incomplete credit card number.

Domus Balthasar Design Hotel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes