Dom Casimi

Dom Casimi Rates and Deals

Dom Casimi Krakow Reviews

boxinbcn boxinbcn
Aug 14, 2007
This hotel is located in Kazimierz - the Jewish neighborhood of Kraków. The location is really nice - on Szeroka Street which I'd say is the most picturesque street in Kazimierz with a lot to see and do nearby (although it is about a 20 minute walk from the center of Kraków (main market square). It's also about a 20 minute walk to the main train station. The hotel has 12 rooms - for from one to four persons. We stayed in standard rooms, but they also have "lux" rooms which are surely much nicer.

Check in at the hotel was pretty straightforward, the staff speaks English, although they weren't particularly friendly. For some reason they didn't want to charge for the whole stay at once, but preferred to first, reserve the amount for one night on my visa card, then charge my card for a night and then get payment for the second night as we were leaving. Actually it was pretty aggravating - I would have just preferred to pay for everything at once than to have them fiddling around with my credit card every day.

The two rooms that I saw are simple and they could improve a little on the cleanliness part - especially in the stairway which needs some cleaning and even smelled pretty bad at times... the beds in the two rooms that we had were small and not too comfortable.

Breakfast was included in the price of the room in the small Indian restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel. It was ok, nothing memorable. They offer four or five breakfast sets and the food was good, but the service wasn't friendly at all. The coffee was good though, and was nice and hot!

We also had dinner at the restaurant which didn't turn out too great because we got there about a half hour before they closed, ordered our meal right away, but weren't informed until about half an hour later that the kitchen was already closed. Definitely not too professional as we were one of only two occupied tables in the place and the waitress should have just told us that no more food could be prepared before seating us.

Next time I'm in Krakow, I'll give another hotel a try.
Szeroka Street. Kazimierz (Krakó…

Check Dom Casimi Rates and Deals