Dolphin Suites Hotel

Check Kampala Hotel Deals

Dolphin Suites Hotel Kampala Reviews

SaintBD SaintBD
Away from the crowd May 27, 2015
Stayed in Dolphin Suits 5 nights in May, 2015. This is a nice boutique hotel tucked into an upscale residential neighborhood of Kampala. Due to its location, it gives you a peaceful feel. This hotel is owned by Speke chain of hotels.

At first I was given a room in the ground floor, but when I asked for a room at a higher floor, the manager asked me to use that room to freshen up and then leave my luggage locked up so that they could shift me to another room on a higher floor as soon as it is cleaned up. I was in a hurry, so this was an excellent option for me. When I returned in the evening, I found myself pleasantly relocated to a 3rd floor room overlooking the swimming pool and with a great view of the hilly Kampala.

The room was OK in terms of size, the attached balcony with 2 seats made it much much better. I had a flat screen TV with about 8 channels working, interestingly the channel selection was changed almost every day! The bathroom was not too impressive, had issues of less water pressure on the basin. Worst thing of all was the worn out towels. They were clean but simply too worn out to be hanging in the bathroom of any hotel. However, the manager promised to change these within one month, so I guess its a matter of wait and see. The internet was horrible too which surprised me because internet is cheap in Uganda. Again the manager apologized and promised me much better net connection within one month.

The restaurant was beautifully set in a Ugandan theme with option to sit in the garden or beside the pool. The food was among THE BEST I had in quite some time. I tried Indian Food, Sandwiches, Fish etc. and each meal was better than the previous. Food was not too pricey considering the quality. Service was a bit on the slower side, however, my guess is if you want to serve fresh food, you need some time to cook and I could feel the freshness of each of the meals served. Breakfast, which is included in room, is OK with standard white and brown bread, toasting station, omelette station, sausages, fried veggies, potatoes etc. Not sumptuous but one cannot complain either.

All in all, I think I will rate them much higher once they change the towels and improve internet speed. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Kampala. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. Food is awesome!!

Check Kampala Hotel Deals