Dolphin Cove

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Dolphin Cove Grand Cayman Reviews

ChrisMcDevitt ChrisMcD…
Wonderful Experience Jul 29, 2010
We booked the Dolphin Cove swim for $120 per person. It was kind of expensive but it included riding the dolphin so we felt it was worth it. My wife had previously taken part in a Dolphin Encounter on a different cruise, that was little more than a handshake, kiss and photo opportunity more befitting a local politician than a glorious animal of the sea.

With this program we were provided with float jackets similar to the material used to make wetsuits and put into a gated in harbor around 30 feet deep. Our group consisted of about 10 people, and each person was briefed on the hand commands to encourage our dolphin (his name was Nemo) to sing to us, dance with us, take us for a belly ride, as well as give kisses, hugs, and let us touch/pet him.

We were in the water for maybe 45 minutes as each person got their belly rides and photos taken. Our belly rides were quite short, maybe 5 to 10 seconds, so if this is your major selling point, it may or may not be worth it to you. I only later found out that many businesses such as this also offer a "footpush" by two dolphins on a boogeyboard.

Since a tourist weighing 225 pounds might be considered cruel and unusual punishment for a dolphin I was disappointed but glad that I hadn't subjected one to this particular indignation.

The pictures were 1 for $15, 4 for $45, or the entire disk (300+ pictures) for $70. Since they took Visa we opted for the whole kaboodle, some of those photos you see attached here.

The company also provided a comfortable and complimentary shuttle between the harbor and Dolphin Cove.

Aside from the foot push, I don't think we could have asked for a better experience, and I don't think we could have gotten a better dolphin. Miss you already, Nemo.

Check Grand Cayman Hotel Deals