Dolphin Cay Atlantis

Paradise Island, Bahamas

Dolphin Cay Atlantis Paradise Island Reviews

ambientpm ambientpm
pricey Mar 04, 2011
if you got the money...GO but try to make sure u go off season! and if u go on a budject, stay at there sister hotel comfurt sweets, u get to stay on the atlantis grounds for free
lilredhead611 lilredhe…
Good experieince, but not exactly what is advertised Jul 17, 2008
This was my first and only experience swimming with dolphins. So I honestly do not have much to compare it to.

Our group (9 of us) did a Shallow Water Interaction, which involved petting, hugging and kissing our dolphin but no actual swimming. Swimming was part of the Deep Water Swim. The dolphin we were with was rescued after Hurricane Katrina. I had read about the dolphins lost to sea after their aquarium habitat had been destroyed. It gave my experience a special feel.

Our encounter was $140 USD per person, my 7 yr. old goddaughter was charged that full price as well. By comparison, the same type of encounter through "Dolphin Encounters" is $85 USD.

Dolphin Cay Atlantis advertises "all-day access to Dolphin Cay's private beach" as part of their program. This is actually semi-true. There is a private beach for participants only, but you cannot access it until your appointment time. So if you have a 12 noon encounter, you cannot get on the beach until that time. It is not as advertised. Also you cannot go into the water unless you are part of a dolphin encounter. So yes, after your turn you can sit on the private beach, in the hot sun, with drink service, but you can't cool off in the water.

A photographer is there to take pictures. The pictures could get costly but it actually worked out well for us. We bought the CD package that came with 4 prints and split the cost between us. It was cheaper than our separate families buying their own packages.

I did enjoy my experience, especially because we had a very calm dolphin. Next time I would do a deep water swim and probably with another company. I really did not like the false advertisement of all-day beach access. I am in the process of writing a letter to Atlantis about this.
Dolphin Cay Atlantis