Dolores Park

San Francisco, California

Dolores Park San Francisco Reviews

thenewextrememimi thenewex…
Oct 02, 2006
Delores Park is a stretch of green lawn in the middle of Mission Delores.

The actual infrastructure consists of not much more than a playground, some benches and some trees, but on weekends and sunny days, the park fills with up with people and pockets of urban quirkiness. In one corner, there may be am actual tightrope that someone's left for people to try out. In another, a band may play, and some dude selling pot brownies is slowly making his rounds to all the Castro-ites and Mission-ians getting their sun. For my friend Michelle's birthday, we set up a slip and slide in the middle of the park and everyone joined in.

The terrain slopes gently uphill, and from the upper sections of the park you can see downtown San Francisco. There's an ideallic view from a picturesque bench in one corner of the park -- but good luck getting a picture in this often crowded place -- there's most like a cute gay couple hogging that spot by the time you get there.

Nearby, you can pick up coffee, ice cream or lunch, or stroll down palm-lined Delores and admire the San Francisco victorians. From picnics and birthday parties to movie nights in the park, Delores Park has something for everyone (unless you're looking for solitude), all jammed into a 2 block X 1 block stretch (they're long blocks).

Related Travel Blogs About Dolores Park

Canada, New York, San Francisco
Dear people, Usually I don't write about my trips, and now I know why. Bloody, it takes FOREVER! I probably will never again - not after the fact anyway, and not for such a long trip. And they're…Dolores Park. I felt like Austin walked me right through my few days in San Francisco. He pointed me to the perfect…

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals