13041 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway (US Highway 50), Fairfax, VA, USA

Dogfish Head Alehouse Fairfax Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
A popular restaurant and brewpub in western Fairfax Aug 11, 2012
Dogfish Head Alehouse appears to be a very popular gathering spot in western Fairfax County. (It's closer to Chantilly and Dulles Airport than it is to the downtown Fairfax historic district.)

We were here for dinner with a party of seven. I was impressed that they had no trouble seating us after a short wait on a very busy Saturday evening. Busy was not the word for it! It was full and the din made it difficult to follow conversations across our table. (And it was a preponderance of young families with small children, too, not the typical party makers you might imagine!)

I did have a difficult time deciding what to select. Interesting burgers, sandwiches, pizzas, seafood, and steaks are all on the menu. I decided on the Fish and Chips, also adding a Side Salad. Susan ordered the Chicken, Bacon, and Shrimp Salad. The table shared a Hummus Platter appetizer that include both pita triangles and veggies. Coming again, I'd want to try the Mahi Mahi Tacos that looked very appetizing.

The food was good, but I suppose the variety of craft beers with interesting names is the big attraction. I did not have any, but Drew had a Midas Touch.

Dogfish Head Alehouse originated in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and now has three locations in the greater Washington area (Fairfax, Falls Church, and Gaithersburg). Free WiFi, too!

As we left, a band was setting up for live music at 9:00 p.m.
Dogfish Head Alehouse
Fish and Chips at Dogfish Head Ale…
rsvpme says:
How do you stay slim...with all the eat outs ?
Posted on: Aug 12, 2012