Doctor's Cave Bathing Club

Gloucester Ave, Montego Bay, Jamaica

Doctor's Cave Bathing Club Montego Bay Reviews

haidgirl haidgirl
pay to play Apr 14, 2015
Doctor's Cave Beach is located on the "Hip Strip" in Montego Bay. You have to pay to get onto the beach, about $6 USD. Then if you want a sunbed and an umbrella it will cost you another $6 USD or so on top of your entrance fee. If you get there early enough, there are spaces under trees, in the shade that will save you spending money on an umbrella. Being that it was our first time there, we didn't know, so we forked out the cash for some shade.

The beach is a fair size. We went to the far right end of the beach. There is a beach volley court, and a decent one at that.

There is a swimming area that is roped off, and in the area they have two separate water trampolines, one at each end.

I was pleasantly surprised at the snorkelling! I didn't think it was going to be that great but got to see quite a few different types of fish! I went out a few times through the day and each time something different to see. For example, eels, baby lobster, some type of flatfish, and this odd fish that seemed to float vertically.

Waiters were always making their way along the beach, eager to bring you Red Stripes or cocktails. We ordered a Hummingbird cocktail and a Red Stripe, and it cost 1800 Jamaican dollars! I was rather shocked that the Red Stripe was 900 Jamaican dollars, but I suppose that's tourist price.

At the end of the day, I was very happy to lay around in the sun and snorkel until my heart was content; I just wasn't so keen on paying to be on a beach (again). I suppose everyone's got to make a living!!
Doctor's Cave Beach
wall separating Doctor's Cave Beac…

Check Montego Bay Hotel Deals