Dockside Brewery and Restaurant

Granville Island, Vancouver, Canada

Dockside Brewery and Restaurant Vancouver Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
At least the view was great. Sep 11, 2011
We had a reservation here for dinner but decided to stop and have a beer and an appetizer the day before since we were in the area and wanted to try something a little different. We got a nice couch type seat on the patio overlooking the yachts and downtown and we ordered the India Pale Ale from their in house brewery.

The IPA was very bitter and had a long lasting hop after taste. Definitely the worst IPA I've had and that is coming from someone who has tried possibly hundreds of pale ales. We switched it up and went with their in house lager which was slightly better then the pale ale, but still left horrible after tastes.

We decided to try an appetizer while we were there and decided on the chicken satay which was served with rice and what appeared to be a balsamic glaze drizzled over it. Unfortunately the chicken had the processed texture that chicken gets when it is frozen and thawed. The satay sauce was not only bland, but the little flavor it did have tasted like I imagine licking an ashtray would taste.

I decided to pass on the satay and go for the rice. Once again the rice was bland but had a disturbing taste that I couldn't put my finger on. I tried to use the balsamic glaze (or whatever that was) and it almost tasted like burnt chocolate. After leaving I realized what flavor I was tasting and it was the same as taking a swig of spoiled milk - that harsh aftertaste. That lead me to believe their food was spoiled, at least for their sake I hope that is the excuse behind how horrible their food is. Maybe their horrible beer hurt my tastebuds.

In either case they are on Granville Island and have a beautiful patio overlooking the city and for that reason alone they will survive.

The service was also disproportionately bad for the area. Our waitress never came back once despite more than half our meal sitting there getting cold because we refused to finish it.

I will never go back.