Doña Maria Tamales Restaurant

910 South Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Doña Maria Tamales Restaurant Las Vegas Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Best Authentic Mexican Food Jul 21, 2008
Doña Maria's has been my favorite Mexcian food restaurant in Las Vegas for about 4 years, shortly after moving here. I tend to be very picky about quality Mexican food as I grew up eating very traditional dishes as my best friend's family was from Mexico and they pretty much adopted me and I ate at their house 4-5 nights a week (sorry Mom).

Anyways, some of the best memories of my childhood are fresh tamales at the holidays and Pozole which is not commonly found in many restaurants.

Doña Maria's is known for their tamales and you can order them individually or by the dozen for take out as well. They serve both the red (beef) and chicken (green) as well as the dessert (pineapple raisin) ones which I was never quite fond of as a child.

Pozole is similar to Menudo minus the tripe. It is a pork based soup or stew with hominy, chiles, garbanzo beans (traditionally), and other seasonings. Garnishes include cabbage or lettuce (cabbage is better), oregano, radish, cilantro, avocado, and lime juice. Most people will tell you the Pozole you get in chain restaurants is not as good which is why it is harder to find. This is the closest Pozole to what I grew up with and brings back very fond memories of childhood!

Most of the time I go here, I get the Pozole and a tamale or two. Their tacos are good - the avocado being one of my favorites. Their albondigas soup is excellent as well and Melanie tried the Menudo this trip and said it was good.

Doña Maria's has been in business since 1980 and has two Las Vegas locations - one downtown off Charleston and Las Vegas Blvd and the other is more Summerlin way off Tenaya. I've been to both and the original location downtown is much better. It's the authentic food and atmosphere whereas the Summerlin one is newer, more like a typical chain Mexican restaurant decor.
Doña Maria Centro
My parents anniversary dinner Dec …
Lisa and I - July 08
small pozole
mellemel8 mellemel8
YUMMY TAMALES Jul 21, 2008
This is my first time coming here. i always drive past this place every time i go to downtown LV. i went here with aome TBs, erin, RJ, lisa and michelle. 2 of erin's friends jenn and scott.

Doña Maria's is known for their tamales and you can order them individually or by the dozen for take out as well. They serve both the red (beef) and chicken (green) as well as the dessert (pineapple raisin) which is very interesting.

The others ordered Pozole is similar to Menudo minus the tripe. It is a pork based soup or stew with hominy, chiles, garbanzo beans (traditionally), and other seasonings. Garnishes include cabbage or lettuce (cabbage is better), oregano, radish, cilantro, avocado, and lime juice.

RJ and i are Filipinos, we grew up with menudo. we both ordered that. it is made differently. although i enjoyed it.

i ordered a chicken tamale and chicken taco. wow the tamales was excellent. it was one of the best. i grew up in LA and i had mexican friends. this was close to homemade. the chicken taco was delicious as well. white meat chicken homemade tao shell WOW.

i would def come back here. my mum loves authentic mexican food.

menudo
chicken tamale and chicken taco
pozole