Diving with Bajo Dive Club

Labuanbajo, Indonesia

Diving with Bajo Dive Club Labuanbajo Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Good dives with a very professional dive master and boss Oct 24, 2011
We walked around Labuanbajo and enquired about dive trips. Day trips are common and overnight trips require the right numbers in the travelling party. Every shop had the same offerings at the same price ... except Labuan Bajo Dive Club which was IDR50,000 cheaper. That little difference in price shouldn't have made a difference but we couldn't be bothered backtracking to the other shops.

We did an 8am-5pm day trip with two dives, like many people skipping an optional third dive.

First up was Manta Point (Karang Makassar) where we saw four manta rays and an eagle ray. This was my first experience with mantas and I never realised they were so big ... about 15ft (5m) across. If it weren't for the mantas, the site is rather desolate.

The second dive was a new experience for me ... a drift dive. This was at Tatawa Besar, the most beautiful coral garden I've ever seen. There were plenty of yellow cauliflower, purple cauliflower, brain ... as you can see I'm highly technical with the description of corals!

Due to the strong current, I felt like being on a runaway train or a dive in fast motion.

Anke, the German boss-lady had the professionalism, patience, eagle-eyed alertness and nicety of a first-class air hostess. When we first met her the night prior, I thought she might be just really good in putting on an appearance but I was so wrong. She took time with briefings, answering questions and de-briefings. She also worked with her local boys to clean and put away all the equipment after the dive.

I was a little hesitant at first as my wetsuit was rather tatty and one of the highly-experienced divers seemed unhappy about something. But at the end, it was a great day. But I'm sure your experience will depend on who you have on the day.

Price-wise, we paid IDR750,000 for two dives. That's rather expensive compared to other parts of Indonesia (eg. Pulau Weh) but it seems to be cheaper than the standard in Labuanbajo.
Outside the dive shop.
Heading out to the boat.
Dive boats in Labuanbajo vary from…
New resort at Sebayor.
mariebloom says:
you've seen and eagle ray... voow luv to both of you
Posted on: Oct 28, 2011

Compare Labuan Bajo Hotel Rates (10.4km away)

Labuanbajo Map