Diving in Fujairah

fujairah, United Arab Emirates

Diving in Fujairah Reviews

ffransiska ffransis…
Diving in Fujairah Nov 21, 2008
Yes, It was my first "discover scuba diving", as a mountain village girl, I can't say that I am easy with swimming in the ocean. Only in abu Dhabi I actually did several swimming ( to be precise - dipping) in the open sea.

One of my outstanding objective (which I regret it so much why didn't I do it back in indonesia) is to try diving.

I am intouch withn diving organization called fundiver. They run diving excursion and occasionally took a beginner like me to get discover scuba trip.

We arrived in Dibba, Fujairah and started the session in the hotel pool, together with us were 2 instructors, 3 person who did refresher course and myself.

The instructor taught us to do 4 basic skills (and many more for those refreshers). I was a bit surprised to exactly wear many devices for diving, oxygen tank (which is very heavy), with the regulator and hoses, wet suit, fins, googles and snorkle, last but not least shocking - a 1 kg stone belt to put on the waist 2 for each side of the waist.

My embarrasing moment was when I went out after changing to my wet suit from the toilet,a guy smiled at me and point at my suit. I was confused and he said: sorry the zip should be on your back.. ooopppsss!!!! I just wished I could dissapear!

I was a bit worry at first to think that I might get very panicked under the water, but it turned out to be very enjoyable moment when we practice the skills in the pool. I went to a helicopter under water training and offshore survival course before and I can tell that those are much more horrible that this is. So I was actually having fun during the practices. Then we had to wait because we missed the first boat trip.

The instructor gave us bad news that due to red-tide (algae bloom) the visibility is very poor, so he let us make the decision whether or not we will proceed. I wa sthinking that this will be my first diving, I don;t actually have any expectation what to see down there, so i just decided to still go with the diving and so were the other couple.

I had to wear the whole equipment and walked to reach the boat, it was a quite tough task for me. I remember I actually asked the instructor after that, whether I am fit for diving or not:D.

The boat stop nearby a rock ~20-m from the coast. We went into teh water. one thing they forgot to tell me, that we had to jump to the water backwards~!!!!! I was a bit panicked, but again, when your nose is covered, everything else will be fine!.

Soon all of us were in the water, adjusting each of us and we start to go deeper into the red-water. After a while going around the thick algae, we finnaly came across one spot where there were a bunch of fish and cuttlesfish, we saw bunch of them, with their glittering pattern. It was so beautiful. Several sea urchins and so many types of fish which I can't recognize the names.

Indeed it was such an experience!.

We pent almost 1 hour under the water (but didn't feel even like half of it), with the maximum depth of 7-m only.

one task ticked in my list!
No picture during the diving:(

Related Travel Blogs About Diving in Fujairah

East coast emirate - Fujairah
Went to Fujairah for my first diving trip. We drove from Abu Dhabi, picked up a friend in Dubai and headed to Fujairah non stop. We reached in Dibba around 10 30, so the journey took around 2.5 hour…Fujairah for my first diving trip. We drove from Abu Dhabi, picked up a friend in Dubai and headed…

Check fujairah Hotel Deals