Diving in Apia, Samoa

Apia, Samoa

Diving in Apia, Samoa Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Nothing much to see, sadly. Oct 20, 2012
We dived with Aquasamoa while on Upolu, Samoa. At that time, they were the only dive operator on the island as the other ones which we had read about appeared to have gone west.

As with any dive outfit, the experience depends on who your dive master is on the day.

We were very lucky. We had Vanessa, a South African who worked tirelessly to look after us.

- Starting in the dive-shop, she was extremely focused when setting up our equipment and avoided any form of distraction.

- She was the sole dive master for our group of 6 customers, so it was somewhat a large group.

- On the boat, she helped everyone get their gear on for each dive. As for me who was badly seasick, she went the extra mile to make sure I didn’t have to do anything that could make me feel worse (eg. even bend down to pick up my weight-belt).

- In the water, she kept a close eye on all of us, checking on our air levels periodically.

The water outside the reef when we dived was very rough. We were not well rewarded once underwater - there was nothing much to see at both sites, namely Tunnel and Magic Mountain.

It seemed pretty sad that we were getting excited about seeing one eagle ray! The two dive cost WST325 which was somewhat pricey for the experience. Live and learn!

Check Apia Hotel Deals