Diving, Snorkling, Swimming, Beach

Dangriga, Belize

Diving, Snorkling, Swimming, Beach Dangriga Reviews

anselmino anselmino
Jan 31, 2006
The place I'm writing about is not Dangriga (don't even waste time there), but a tiny island called Tobacco Caye (as big as a football field), which is 45 min. off the coast from Dangriga. In Dangriga, take a boat (small lancha) to the island, if you're by yourself you might have to wait for other travellers to fill up a boat (about 4-5 needed).

The island is awesome, few tourists, no cars, you can swim or snorkelright off the beach (unilke in Caye Caulker or San Pedro) and all places (6 'hotels') are family style run, meaning you get your meals included in the price (ranges are $30 - $150 a night) and sit with all others from your hotel at the same table. The place I stayed at was called Paradise Lounge, I can only recommend it.

There are also two dive shops on the island (diving is a bit cheaper than on Caye Caulker or San Pedro), and 3 bars to have a nice coldBelikin beer.
Tobacco Caye
jbrun1980 says:
What is the low season? I am headed end of Sept. Can you rent the scuba gear?
Posted on: Jun 05, 2007
queSeraSera says:
I came across this photo and immediately felt "home" sick. I spent six of the best days out on Tobacco Caye, and couldn't bear to leave. I went in really low season, so I spent most of my time hanging out with the locals, and just a few transient tourists. In any case, I just wanted to let you know that I added Tobacco Caye to the locations list, so you may want to update this post. I should have some of my dive photos up soon, the diving around there was simply amazing.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2006